News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Oliver coming early 2017

Started by InsideTrack, November 04, 2016, 10:54:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainFan97

About time he's shown! Fantastic!

I think the reason they're putting off the release for 2017 is so that way, the supply can meet the demand, meaning more people can buy him at release.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

AJW98Productions

Overall, kudos to Bachmann. I think the model was well worth the wait. I may have one or two slight issues with his model...but overall I think they did a good job bringing the model to life in a (mainly) CGI form, that still harks back slightly to the model era.

CGI or not, a job well done, I would say.

~Alex

Captain Crutch

Beautiful model. Exceptional, absolutely gorgeous. Well done Bachmann, you never stop amazing me. This makes me even more excited for Rosie. Will most definitely be getting this one. I think he'll go perfectly with Toad and S.C.Ruffy. Hope he's in hand at Milwaukee.
Formerly HLC Railroad, but now I'm back and better than ever!

mully

Can't please everyone and bachmann said it themselves they go for most up to date rendition of the engine/character/rolling stock. I think the did good job and as for matching CGI series hit it dead on can't really moan myself like. Will be buy him for sure when he is released can't think of a better engine to restart my collection. Love every little detail they put In here. This shows that time and effort pays off big time. (Little side note there to all the moaners saying took too long)

Duke

I think he looks great, and I bet he will look even better in our hands, but it looks like he's misses some details on his side. http://i66.tinypic.com/10fbc7o.jpg
Still looking great thou
Thomas - Henry - Percy/Toby/Emily - Spencer - Gordon/James - Edward/Mavis - Salty - Bill/Ben - Donald/Douglas - Diesel - Duck - 'Arry - Bert - Skarloey - Oliver - Rheneas/Rosie - Rusty

sean1994rail

Quote from: Duke on November 06, 2016, 10:46:08 AM
I think he looks great, and I bet he will look even better in our hands, but it looks like he's misses some details on his side. http://i66.tinypic.com/10fbc7o.jpg
Still looking great thou

noticeably the hand rail on his side tank. The little step mould didn't appear on his model series guise though. Don't worry, maybe a fuse wire will fix the hand rail problem. Still, love the model and I have mine on pre order.

TTTEfan1992

I think Oliver will be as big as Mavis.

douglas

Looks great to me except for the skinny funnel and boiler, but that looks like Bachmann was just going from Arc's design mistakes, which is fine, really.

ClrwtrMK2

Am I the only person that's actually put off by the CGI design?

Rickenbacker 325

I love Oliver!!! I will defiantly be getting him when he comes out. I don't mind that he is CGI, i just hope that he is at least in scale with Duck. I remember when Duck's prototype picture came out and he had the black running board but when he came out he had a white one. I do hope this is the case with Oliver, but it may not look good with the CGI look.

AJW98Productions

Quote from: ClrwtrMK2 on November 06, 2016, 08:59:57 PM
Does it honestly matter if some people don't mind the CGI design but you do? Just let the excited consumers enjoy their prototype picture of the model, it may be CGI styled but at least it's accurate to a time frame within the TV series continuity. It honestly isn't a big deal, and considering Skarloey was clearly CGI based for his design, and the fact that the early illustrations shown of Oliver matched his CGI design, it should've been rather clear that Bachmann probably weren't going to go for a "model era" look on Oliver.

I honestly think we should just be happy they chose to release Oliver, they probably could've announced him two years from now, and just released a character/characters like Paxton, until Oliver was released, possibly 3 years from now. Also, whilst the CGI design may not be everyone's favourite, I must add that again, it's better than nothing. At least it wasn't an engine like Stanley getting released after all...

~Alex

donaldthescottishtwin

And besides the model era ended 8 years ago, I would've thought everyone could figure any kind of merchandise would be based on the current CGI incarnations.

ClrwtrMK2

Quote from: AJW98Productions on November 07, 2016, 01:56:53 AM
Quote from: ClrwtrMK2 on November 06, 2016, 08:59:57 PM
Does it honestly matter if some people don't mind the CGI design but you do? Just let the excited consumers enjoy their prototype picture of the model, it may be CGI styled but at least it's accurate to a time frame within the TV series continuity. It honestly isn't a big deal, and considering Skarloey was clearly CGI based for his design, and the fact that the early illustrations shown of Oliver matched his CGI design, it should've been rather clear that Bachmann probably weren't going to go for a "model era" look on Oliver.

I honestly think we should just be happy they chose to release Oliver, they probably could've announced him two years from now, and just released a character/characters like Paxton, until Oliver was released, possibly 3 years from now. Also, whilst the CGI design may not be everyone's favourite, I must add that again, it's better than nothing. At least it wasn't an engine like Stanley getting released after all...

~Alex

What do you mean by "An engine like Stanley getting released after all"? I happen to like Stanley! >:(

sean1994rail

One off characters with little to no development, such as the logging locos, Hank, Flora, Billy, ECT.

AJW98Productions

Thank you Sean1994rail, that is precisely what I meant. Also thank you DTST, I can't believe I didn't mention that...it's almost hard to think that it's already been 8 years.

But this topic has drifted off course, what I will say about Oliver's model is the lamp surprises me. I was never a fan of the lamps supplied with Thomas, Percy or James. I may end up buying some spare footplates just for the new lamp. It looks fantastic, and it's a massive improvement over the old one! :)

~Alex