We are all here for the same reason

Started by tommy4u2, November 27, 2007, 01:41:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Banner

It takes time to write a well thought out answer to a question.  If you spend all your time trying to figure out what the question actually means, you have no time to answer it properly.  But even if you did manage to answer it, you are then left wondering if the asker is equipped to understand your response.  Bottom line, it is easier to answer the questions you understand and ignore the ones you do not.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

r.cprmier

Sheldon;
When using a puller, the first thing one learns is to never push those conductors into that tube, even if you can.  You simply guide them into the bushed opening, and then let the puller do the work.  If you push against that pulling basket, you stand a chance of creating slack in that conduit, the basket loosening up, and you lose the whole shebang, after the puller takes up that slack.  Momentum...  Now...pull those four 500MCM conductors out of 15 or so feet of conduit after you lose the basket.   Yes?  how do you spell...hernia?   How do you spell dum-dum?  Been there; done that.  I drank hard that night!

RIch
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Atlantic Central

Rich,

I guess I did not explain myself well enough, I was simply refering to the guiding which in my experiance always involved pushing sideways, not into the conduit. But as those things come together off multiple reels, fingers can be in danger is things are going faster or slower than you expect.

Sheldon