STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 11, 2019, 07:07:30 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  Bachmann Thomas & Friends in 2020
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Print
Author Topic: Bachmann Thomas & Friends in 2020  (Read 19333 times)
JLK2707

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: October 07, 2019, 07:09:39 AM »

Why Trevor?
Zekeism

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 07, 2019, 02:59:07 PM »

I would like to see more non rail characters, be great to see Trevor and Butch on a layout or if they release Sir Handel then George would go perfect with him.

Proud Bachmann Thomas Collector.
SeanrailAnimations

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: October 09, 2019, 07:44:14 AM »

Trevor will be a great announcment at next year's toy fair, being so high on demand.
TrainFan97

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 18, 2019, 02:28:01 PM »

Once the N Scale models get released, people will be doing size comparisons between the Bachmann N Scale Thomas models, and the Tomix models.

My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Ryan, Sidney, and Norman.
STL

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 18, 2019, 09:14:14 PM »

Once the N Scale models get released, people will be doing size comparisons between the Bachmann N Scale Thomas models, and the Tomix models.
Probably to see what N scale they've actually scaled them to. The Tomix stuff is quite overscaled compared to normal UK N scale. Given what's been shown, it looks like Bachmann have smartly scaled them to the UK's N scale, especially given the range is due to release about the same time in the UK as the US.
TrainMan2001

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 18, 2019, 09:36:58 PM »

Probably to see what N scale they've actually scaled them to. The Tomix stuff is quite overscaled compared to normal UK N scale. Given what's been shown, it looks like Bachmann have smartly scaled them to the UK's N scale, especially given the range is due to release about the same time in the UK as the US.
I emailed Bachmann about the scaling when the prototype pictures were released. They said they made them to American N Scale (1:160), which seems to be correct due to Thomas's wheel size. Bachmann finally put the correct wheel size on, which seems to be around 49 inches in scaled up diameter, looking at various pictures of the series 1-3 Thomas alongside the wagons in the show. This was also really close to how my currently halted project revising Bachmann's OO Scale Thomas to Series 1 condition, with only slightly undersized replacement wheels (the Bachmann Thomas had the larger wheels from Thomas & the Magic Railroad). The wheels were changed back to original size after series 7, and retained to the CGI Series. The correct wheel diameter also happens to be very close to the USRA 0-6-0 wheel diameter (within 3/4th inches). Looking at the N Scale USRA 0-6-0, it seems to have the same wheel diameter (using the sleepers as reference) to the wheels put on the N Scale Thomas prototype. Sorry about the super long response.
-TrainMan2001

Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.
mulfred-100

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 23, 2019, 02:55:28 PM »

If we are going to get any new items next year with the earlier 2020 announcements (I can't imagine it will be much)

HO (if there's any)
75th Thomas (Possibly in his original livery)
Flat bed with pipes
Trevor or Bulgy.

Narrow gauge
Again I can't see much possible announcement of Duncan or sir handel which would be released in 2021
Break van

N Scale
James
Milk tanker
Tar tanker
Cargo wagon
Starter Set (Thomas, Annie and Clarabel with an oval track)

Large Scale
75th Thomas (probably similar to celebration Thomas)

Sadly I can't see anything else for large-scale coming I'd love to put Edward or Mavis or Diesel down but really can't see them happening with the way the range is at the moment which is a shame as I do like the large scale range. Also I'm not holding my breath for any of these to happen we got the bonus/early announcements earlier this year and I'm more then happy with Peter Sam and Daisy coming the the range.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 02:58:09 PM by mulfred-100 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: