News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Track ties replacement

Started by mickeykelley, April 12, 2019, 10:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickeykelley

First, will the Bachmann replacement ties fit the Aristocraft brass track?  Second, how does it compare in terms of lookand durability.  I'm moving my layout as we downsize and retire and when I pulled up the Aristo track, the ties were in horrible shape.

armorsmith

I am not sure on how they will fit, however Aristo track is representative of either an American mainline or the European narrow gauge. The Bachmann track and ties are more representative of an American narrow gauge, giving a wider tie and longer spacing look. If appearance is important I would not mix them. Do some web searching, there are several other folks that offer tie strip, Micro Engineering comes to mind, but again I am not up on the fitment.

Good luck.

StanAmes

Quote from: mickeykelley on April 12, 2019, 10:44:55 PM
First, will the Bachmann replacement ties fit the Aristocraft brass track?  Second, how does it compare in terms of lookand durability.  I'm moving my layout as we downsize and retire and when I pulled up the Aristo track, the ties were in horrible shape.

Mickey

The Bachmann ties are fantastic.  I have replace large sections of our railroad with them and they work fine.  The UV protection is much better and they have help up very well.

For curved sections I simply cut the web between ties every 2nd or 3rd side alternating between sides.

Hope that helps

Stan