Special New Thomas & Friends Products Announcement

Started by InsideTrack, July 12, 2019, 10:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: DucktheGWREngine08 on July 13, 2019, 11:19:28 PM
Quote from: ShadowMonk on July 13, 2019, 12:06:57 PM
Fantastic, just need Boco and Trevor and I believe that completes the season 1 and 2 characters, which are the ones I most enjoy!

Trever will happen but until Boco is in the CGI he will not be modelled cause Mattel has it that only cgi series characters are allowed to be made.
Then explain The Spiteful Brakevan.

JLK2707

Do you think that BoCo will be modelled in CGI?

MoarCrossovers

Quote from: JLK2707 on July 14, 2019, 03:29:43 AM
Do you think that BoCo will be modelled in CGI?
Considering that Thomas and Friends seems to be moving away from reintroducing classic characters with Andrew Brenner's departure, unlikely.
Do u kno de Grate Westarn Wae?

TrainFan97

With Andrew Brenner stepping down, we may never see BoCo in full CGI; same for Stepney. I've also noticed that in recent years, they've been turning away from reintroducing classic characters to the show, since they'd rather put out their resources to more international characters. As much as I'd love for Bachmann to make BoCo, the fact that he hasn't appeared since Season 5, which was two decades ago, makes his chances slim. Kids of this generation wouldn't even know who he is.

Stepney has been on high demand, but he also has yet to appear in full CGI. I wonder if that's going to hold Bachmann back from making him, especially if Mattel insists that Bachmann must only make engines that have been in the CGI series. Stepney had some starring roles and character development in the classic series. He also had a Hornby model, but is really hard to find for a price that isn't insane. BoCo, on the other hand, never got a Hornby model. Looking back, BoCo wasn't really that well-developed of a character. The closest he's ever had to a starring role was his debut, The Diseasel.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

metal4life

It really has been quite a long while since an announcement as roused the customer base as much as these- which is excellent! I think with Bachmann's acquisition of the UK distribution rights they have their eyes set on a much larger customer base and this certainly shows it.

Cheeky_ULP

The fact that the Hornby Stepney sells for a lot of money on eBay, even in recent months, should be enough of an incentive for Bachmann to consider making him. I mean, they do like money, right?

TrainFan97

Quote from: Cheeky_ULP on July 14, 2019, 03:36:52 PM
The fact that the Hornby Stepney sells for a lot of money on eBay, even in recent months, should be enough of an incentive for Bachmann to consider making him. I mean, they do like money, right?

Hopefully, if Bachmann gets to Stepney, Mattel would make an exception for him, as he's one of the top requests for Bachmann at this point in time. People really want Stepney, since his Hornby model costs a ridiculous amount of money on eBay. Now that Daisy has been announced, Stepney is the next engine for everyone to keep asking for in HO Scale.

Now that Peter Sam was announced for Narrow Gauge, Sir Handel is the next engine for everyone to ask for in HOn30 Scale. Let's face it. We know Duncan's CGI render is one of the worst. There's no way he's going to have good sales if he's made based on his CGI model. At least Peter Sam actually has a good CGI render; same for Sir Handel. Rusty was made based on his CGI render, but at least it's not nearly as bad as Duncan's. After the Coaches, the next Narrow Gauge rolling stock needs to be Brake Vans.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

TerencetheTractor525

Quote from: TrainFan97 on July 14, 2019, 03:55:53 PM
Quote from: Cheeky_ULP on July 14, 2019, 03:36:52 PM
Hopefully, if Bachmann gets to Stepney, Mattel would make an exception for him, as he's one of the top requests for Bachmann at this point in time. People really want Stepney, since his Hornby model costs a ridiculous amount of money on eBay. Now that Daisy has been announced, Stepney is the next engine for everyone to keep asking for in HO Scale.

I agree. Stepney should definitely be Bachmann's next HO locomotive due to his popularity. I see that Ryan has a pretty good following too, but not at the level of Stepney. While it is unlikely, it would be a miracle if Stepney got announced in February 2020, but I think that we may need to wait a little longer.
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

TrainFan97

If we can't get Stepney, then Ryan would be the next best thing. Ryan isn't nearly as popular of a request as Stepney, but he would definitely sell better than another recolor like Sidney.

TerencetheTractor525

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTdTPKd2NLI

I just uploaded a video on YouTube on my thoughts of the new announcement, as well as expressing my gratitude for this new announcement! For those who would prefer to not sit through all 15 minutes, one question I would like to ask is: how does everyone feel about introducing another non-rail character in February 2020? The last non-rail character we got was Jeremy, which was back in 2013-2014.

I'm thinking of Trevor or Bulgy. Both are similar to Daisy because although they are classic characters, they have made many appearances in the CGI era too. Thus, both would sell much better than Jeremy, who was not a classic character. And unlike Oliver and Duncan, both of them have nice CGI designs as well. They would require new toolings, but since they are non-rail characters, they would not need motors. Do you think that they would sell as well as Stepney or Daisy?

Sodor Engineer

It would be nice to see Bachmann make a non-rail character but I really don't think they will make one,but only time will tell.
I like Stepney and would love to see him in ho scale.

JLK2707

Would max and Monty make good non-rail characters?

TerencetheTractor525

Hard to say, but I do think that if Bachmann chooses to make a character from the pack, Jack would be the one they choose due to fact that he's the main member of the pack. Yet, I personally still think that Trevor or Bulgy would be the best choices as they are classic characters and their CGI renders look great.

Sodor Engineer

I think that if Bachmann were to make a non-rail character it would be Jack cuz the new Thomas and friends movie is having Jack as a main character.
I like Stepney and would love to see him in ho scale.

Angelob6660

Quote from: thomas fan on July 16, 2019, 05:31:16 PM
I think that if Bachmann were to make a non-rail character it would be Jack cuz the new Thomas and friends movie is having Jack as a main character.

Or they could make Ace the sports car.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden