News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The Bachmann Daisy Thread

Started by TerencetheTractor525, July 12, 2019, 11:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerencetheTractor525

Thought I should start a new thread on Bachmann Daisy after seeing the amazing news  ;).
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

Sodor Engineer

For 17 years Bachmann has done the Thomas and friends line I have never seen fans so excited over any character,but Dasiy.
I like Stepney and would love to see him in ho scale.

Streak

I was honestly not expecting her at this point, especially not now! I'm so excited for her. Seems like Daisy won the Daisy VS Stepney battle surprisingly.

Now after her, we need HO Scale Ryan to complete the Harwick duo (Or maybe Stanley plz)

Falcon the 2nd

Quote from: Streak on July 12, 2019, 11:14:19 AM
Now after her, we need HO Scale Ryan to complete the Harwick duo (Or maybe Stanley plz)

Ryan would be fitting for a new HO Scale character once all is said and done with Daisy. His debut movie (Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure) will turn five years old in 2020, so it would make sense to announce him around that time.

Was anyone surprised by Daisy having an eye mechanism? As far as I remember, not too many people were expecting its integration with her windows in mind. Regardless, it's a welcome addition that may make her model all the more nifty.
Wishlists:
HO Scale - Stepney, Tar Tanker
N Scale - Henry, Mavis, Milk Tanker, Brake Van

Sodor Engineer

I was like WHAT!!!!!!!!!!
 Daisy is going to have moving eyes  :o

TerencetheTractor525

Quote from: Falcon the 2nd on July 12, 2019, 11:47:41 AM
Was anyone surprised by Daisy having an eye mechanism? As far as I remember, not too many people were expecting its integration with her windows in mind. Regardless, it's a welcome addition that may make her model all the more nifty.

I was certainly surprised to see that! I guess the main question with Daisy is what Bachmann will do with Daisy's windows:

1. "See-through" windows like the express coaches even if it means that we may see the motor or moving eye mechanism?
2. Closed windows with black plastic like Thomas and Percy's HO cabs?
3. Closed windows with silver plastic like Mavis and Diesel's HO cabs?

What do you guys think?

Sodor Engineer

Quote from: TerencetheTractor525 on July 12, 2019, 12:05:34 PM
Quote from: Falcon the 2nd on July 12, 2019, 11:47:41 AM

I was certainly surprised to see that! I guess the main question with Daisy is what Bachmann will do with Daisy's windows:

1. "See-through" windows like the express coaches even if it means that we may see the motor or moving eye mechanism?
2. Closed windows with black plastic like Thomas and Percy's HO cabs?
3. Closed windows with silver plastic like Mavis and Diesel's HO cabs?

What do you guys think?
I think that Bachmann will do #3

Chaz

I am leaning towards 3 myself.  I know not everyone is in love with the silver plastic for the windows on the Diesel models but truthfully it never bothered me that much.  The only difference is that with Daisy it will be much more apparent.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Titanic5972

I would hazard a guess at the windows being light grey, like they are in the show from a distance. Would make sense and seeing as we see models from a distance when running, it would be the most imaginable scenario.

Cheeky_ULP

Honestly, I hope Daisy has a NEM slot. It'd be a nice modern touch to include into the Thomas range, and it'd help make future additions/engines more compatible with different kinds of HO and OO equipment. To add, thinner hook/loop couplers have a nicer appearance than the chunky hook/loop couplers.

TrainFan97

I seriously never thought in a million years that Bachmann would actually make Daisy. I've wanted her, and many people, including myself, had been asking Bachmann to make Daisy for years, and now, she's finally been announced. Daisy will be the most exciting new addition to the range since Oliver. She is also going to be the third new tooling in the HO range since Mattel's takeover. Ever since Mattel took the rights to the Thomas brand, the only new toolings in the HO range have been Oliver, Rosie, and coming next year, Daisy. Another thing that makes Daisy such a big deal is that unlike Duck and Oliver, Hornby never made Daisy.

I've heard nothing but bad things about Oliver's CGI render, but Daisy has one of the few CGI renders that's actually GOOD for a returning character.

Starting next year, Bachmann will finally sell their HO Scale Thomas models in the UK, now that Hornby surrendered the license. That's also going to boost sales immensely.

Just like what Bachmann did with the tender engines, Daisy's coupling hooks would be attached to her bogies. Just like all the other diesels in the HO range, she is certainly going to have silver windows. She's going to be the first bogied diesel in the Thomas range itself. The first engine in the range with no fixed chassis, and yet she's still having an eye mechanism, which is incredible.

Now that Daisy is on the way for 2020, who will everyone be asking for next? I think Stepney. Popular demand gave us Bill, Ben, Donald, Douglas, Duck, Oliver, and now Daisy.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Chaz

I have zero doubt that Stepney is going to continue to be the most popular request on the forum, since him and Daisy were both very popular requests. Same with Sir Handel now that Peter Sam got announced for narrow gauge. 

Either way another great thing about Daisy too is the fact that we are finally getting a diesel that isn't a shunter.  Something I'm glad Bachmann got into, which is expanding diversity in a good way.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

TrainFan97

I quite agree.

Yet another thing that makes Daisy a big deal is the fact that she's the first announcement in quite some time that isn't a tank engine, or a diesel shunter. The first longer diesel in the range itself.

I remember last year when someone told me that Daisy was not secretly in development, after I predicted that Daisy might be in development, and would be announced within a few years. That was a year before she was actually announced. I was right somehow.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

CC55

I'm so excited for this news!!! I can't wait to purchase both Daisy and Peter Sam!

Quote from: TrainFan97 on July 13, 2019, 04:10:59 PM
Now that Daisy is on the way for 2020, who will everyone be asking for next? I think Stepney. Popular demand gave us Bill, Ben, Donald, Douglas, Duck, Oliver, and now Daisy.

I think that Stepney will be one of the most asked for engines now that bachmann is creating Daisy, but I also think it would be a good idea for bachmann to release Ryan. I think bachmann should release Ryan next because Daisy and Ryan are a duo and the main pair on the Harwick Branchline. He would also be a great addition because he is a unique tank engine with a unique color that I think will interest many people. Some could argue that BoCo could be made because of the similar tooling to Daisy and they are also a strong duo, which I would agree with, but BoCo is not as relevant to newer viewers so his market might not be as large as Ryan's. So even though I would love to see bachmann make a BoCo model, I think the choice for bachmann will either be Ryan or Stepney.

As for the Narrow Gauge line, I hope and think that bachmann will make Sir Handel next. He has the same configuration as Peter Sam so it'll be easier for bachmann to make him and he is such a prominent character and has the most request on the forum. I am hoping Sir Handel will be next as he is my favorite out of the NGE, but I'll be happy with whichever engine is released.

Overall I am very happy with this announcement and will for sure be purchasing Daisy and Peter Sam as soon as I can! Let me know if there are engines that you guys think will come before my predictions and why. These predictions are obviously for new toolings only and not repaints or same configuration engines.

-CC55

TerencetheTractor525

Quote from: CC55 on July 14, 2019, 06:01:05 PM
I think that Stepney will be one of the most asked for engines now that bachmann is creating Daisy, but I also think it would be a good idea for bachmann to release Ryan. I think bachmann should release Ryan next because Daisy and Ryan are a duo and the main pair on the Harwick Branchline. He would also be a great addition because he is a unique tank engine with a unique color that I think will interest many people. Some could argue that BoCo could be made because of the similar tooling to Daisy and they are also a strong duo, which I would agree with, but BoCo is not as relevant to newer viewers so his market might not be as large as Ryan's. So even though I would love to see bachmann make a BoCo model, I think the choice for bachmann will either be Ryan or Stepney.

That's a good point, but I'm starting to think that February 2020 may actually be the best time to announce Stepney because the 75th Anniversary would be another helpful reason to give the licencor, even if he has not been in the CGI series yet. If this meant that Stepney has to be delayed like Oliver, I'm sure that fans would be fine with that. It would still be an additional miracle, and really help boost Bachmann's sales once more!