News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The Bachmann Daisy Thread

Started by TerencetheTractor525, July 12, 2019, 11:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Falcon the 2nd

TrainWorld has confirmed on Twitter that their next Thomas Tuesday event (that'll be on June 1st) will feature both painted models of HO Scale Daisy and N Scale James. I'm wondering if we'll end up seeing either of the two models in action at some point during the stream.

Source:
https://twitter.com/Trainworld/status/1397248027585302532
Wishlists:
HO Scale - Stepney, Tar Tanker
N Scale - Henry, Mavis, Milk Tanker, Brake Van

TrainFan97

With long bogie diesels in the picture, I know it's been stated countless times that Diesel 10's claw breeches NMRA standards, and I have been sick of seeing requests for him, but now that I've been thinking about it, there was a time we thought the Narrow Gauge range would never happen. I heard that years ago, Bachmann may have considered Diesel 10 at some point, but never actually came into fruition. I started thinking about this more.

Does Diesel 10's claw really breech NMRA standards? Do we really know for sure? Bachmann has done non-Thomas breakdown cranes and electric engines with pantographs that stick out the top. Those didn't breech NMRA standards, and Bachmann was able to make those. Is there a way Bachmann could make Diesel 10's claw operable while still looking accurate? It could even be removable if it has to. I doubt it has to be completely static and fixed on like his TrackMaster models.

The only way to find out for sure if Diesel 10's claw breeches NMRA standards is if Bachmann representatives have the definitive answer. After all, Bachmann has been known to surprise us sometimes. We thought the Narrow Gauge range would never happen. We also didn't think Daisy would happen, but now she's officially on the way. If Diesel 10 really is impossible because of his claw, then the best other idea for another long bogie diesel is BoCo. With Daisy coming, it would just be nice to see more long diesels with bogies.

Another thing to add is that Diesel 10's claw would of course have to be manually operated, but no big deal. Apart from Daisy, Diesel 10 is the only other long diesel with bogies to appear in the CGI series (who isn't an international one).
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

JLK2707

TrainFan97

We really don't know for sure whether or not Diesel 10's claw truly breeches NMRA standards. Only Bachmann themselves would know. Like I said in my counterargument, Bachmann has done rail cranes and electric engines with pantographs that stick out the top. Diesel 10's claw would have to be manually operated, but that's no big deal. The claw could even be removable.

Bachmann is known to surprise us sometimes. We used to think we'd never get the Narrow Gauge range. They also surprised us with a new N Scale Thomas range. We never thought we'd actually get a long bogie diesel until Daisy was announced. Maybe we should still request Diesel 10 anyway to see if he ever will be made. If Diesel 10 ever does get announced for HO Scale, it would defy so many expectations, especially those who thought he was impossible, including myself. If Bachmann considered him a while back, and with Daisy officially coming soon, thus bringing bogie diesels in the picture, Diesel 10 could have a better chance now. He would be the first engine in the HO Scale range to have a movable part other than eyes.

Even if HO Scale Diesel 10 may or may not happen, we can see if Bachmann does reconsider him for the near future, especially with Daisy on the horizon. Out of all the Magic Railroad-originated characters, Diesel 10 is the only one to appear in the CGI series, and is still a very popular character to this day. Daisy and Diesel 10 are the only long bogie diesels to appear in the CGI series who aren't international ones.

With Class 40 and Derek being one-off characters, the two best options for long bogie diesels in the HO Scale range are BoCo and Diesel 10. The only thing that makes BoCo a tough choice is the fact that he hasn't appeared in the show for over two decades. Bachmann might most likely choose Diesel 10 because he was actually in the CGI series, but his claw may be problematic, unless Bachmann has a way to do it. If we can't get Diesel 10, BoCo would also be welcomed, and sell very well. Either one would be very popular sellers.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: TrainFan97 on May 26, 2021, 07:14:06 PM
We really don't know for sure whether or not Diesel 10's claw truly breeches NMRA standards. Only Bachmann themselves would know. Like I said in my counterargument, Bachmann has done rail cranes and electric engines with pantographs that stick out the top. Diesel 10's claw would have to be manually operated, but that's no big deal. The claw could even be removable.

Bachmann is known to surprise us sometimes. We used to think we'd never get the Narrow Gauge range. They also surprised us with a new N Scale Thomas range. We never thought we'd actually get a long bogie diesel until Daisy was announced. Maybe we should still request Diesel 10 anyway to see if he ever will be made. If Diesel 10 ever does get announced for HO Scale, it would defy so many expectations, especially those who thought he was impossible, including myself. If Bachmann considered him a while back, and with Daisy officially coming soon, thus bringing bogie diesels in the picture, Diesel 10 could have a better chance now. He would be the first engine in the HO Scale range to have a movable part other than eyes.

Even if HO Scale Diesel 10 may or may not happen, we can see if Bachmann does reconsider him for the near future, especially with Daisy on the horizon. Out of all the Magic Railroad-originated characters, Diesel 10 is the only one to appear in the CGI series, and is still a very popular character to this day. Daisy and Diesel 10 are the only long bogie diesels to appear in the CGI series who aren't international ones.

With Class 40 and Derek being one-off characters, the two best options for long bogie diesels in the HO Scale range are BoCo and Diesel 10. The only thing that makes BoCo a tough choice is the fact that he hasn't appeared in the show for over two decades. Bachmann might most likely choose Diesel 10 because he was actually in the CGI series, but his claw may be problematic, unless Bachmann has a way to do it. If we can't get Diesel 10, BoCo would also be welcomed, and sell very well. Either one would be very popular sellers.
Yes we do know it breaches NMRA standards, it's been stated plenty of times.

ScrumptiouslySouthern

Wow, Daisy looks amazing! :o In answer to my two main worries, Bachmann seems to have nailed the face, and the windows look great! Can't wait to see how far they've knocked it out of the park in the official images.

Quote from: TrainFan97 on May 26, 2021, 07:14:06 PM

If Bachmann really wanted to do D-10, they could probably find a way to make it happen, but given how utterly irrelevant he's been in the last decade or so, along with a rather lacking in popularity in comparison to other characters that have yet to be produced, and his large size, on top of the fact that he wouldn't be able to share a chassis with Daisy given their differences in size and wheel arrangement, I don't think its something that'll happen in the foreseeable future. I'm sure BoCo is on the way sooner rather than later tho, he's well liked, highly in demand, and with Daisy now introduced, he'd be a fairly easy retool, with only the body, and possibly the eye mechanism needing to be done.
My Greedy Little Wish List: BoCo, Stepney, Porter, & Sir Handel

Armada Starscream

With BoCo though, they have to remember that his wheel arrangement is a Co-Bo, with his front bogie having 6 wheels, and the rear bogie having 4 wheels for a total of 10 wheels. Daisy is a Bo-Bo, with both bogies only having 4 wheels each, for a total of 8 wheels.

I Expect that they will need to adjust one of the bogies into a 6-wheel configuration, maybe add a set of non-motorized wheels in between. It would be extremely inaccurate otherwise, to the TVS, the RWS, and the real loco.

TrainFan97

So, BoCo is more likely to be the next long bogie diesel in the HO Scale range. He's been in much more demand for many years. Bachmann would have to make a new tooling for BoCo, but his overall shape is a box, so it shouldn't be too hard. Because BoCo wasn't in the CGI series, he'll have to be made in his model series design. BoCo could use the same rear bogie as Daisy, with possible slight modifications, but Bachmann has to give BoCo a six-wheeled bogie for the front. BoCo will definitely be a huge seller from Bachmann if he does get made in the near future.

BoCo would be Bachmann's first ever Co-Bo diesel. With a six-wheeled bogie at the front, and a four-wheeled bogie at the rear.

JLK2707

Yeah. BoCo would just be cool. I'd buy a Bachmann BoCo in a heartbeat. :)

Rodimus Supreme

As long as Mattel continues to do what they do, and as long as they have the brand, Boco will NEVER happen.

TrainFan97

There you go again, Rodimus. Jumping straight to conclusions, and dismissing suggestions as impossible. Stepney was never in the CGI series, either, and Bachmann acknowledged his demand earlier this year, so just because a popular character hasn't appeared in the show for some time, that doesn't necessarily make them out of the question. We may or may not get Stepney, but we can only wait and see, as Bachmann is fully aware of his demand, and that would certainly open up the window for BoCo. Will Stepney actually get made? Only time will tell. Same for BoCo.

Bachmann is in a better position than they were several years ago, especially since they've expanded their Thomas models to the UK. With the original show being axed in favor of the infamous upcoming cartoon reboot, Bachmann has to stick with the model/CGI series designs because the reboot designs are much too cartoony for high-quality model trains, even more-so than Chuggington.

JLK2707

ScrumptiouslySouthern

At this point, unless he's actually affecting anyone, just ignore Rodimus. Clearly he just enjoys stirring things up for the sake of it...
Quote from: TrainFan97 on May 27, 2021, 09:51:19 PM
Bachmann is in a better position than they were several years ago, especially since they've expanded their Thomas models to the UK. With the original show being axed in favor of the infamous upcoming cartoon reboot, Bachmann has to stick with the model/CGI series designs because the reboot designs are much too cartoony for high-quality model trains, even more-so than Chuggington.
My thoughts exactly. With no more new characters being created that have an even remote possibility of being made into models (not that anyone would want them anyway) Bachmann has no choice but to either make older characters, like Ryan and Daisy, or put the whole line on the chopping block. Obviously they'll go with the former, because as we all know, if there's money to be made, Mattel will drain the source until theres nothing left before getting rid of it.

Quote from: Armada Starscream on May 27, 2021, 02:07:55 PM
With BoCo though, they have to remember that his wheel arrangement is a Co-Bo, with his front bogie having 6 wheels, and the rear bogie having 4 wheels for a total of 10 wheels. Daisy is a Bo-Bo, with both bogies only having 4 wheels each, for a total of 8 wheels.

I Expect that they will need to adjust one of the bogies into a 6-wheel configuration, maybe add a set of non-motorized wheels in between. It would be extremely inaccurate otherwise, to the TVS, the RWS, and the real loco.
Yeah, I forgot that, but it wouldn't be a difficult adjustment to make, especially since they could just alter the non driven bogie and leave the rest as is.
My Greedy Little Wish List: BoCo, Stepney, Porter, & Sir Handel

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: ScrumptiouslySouthern on May 29, 2021, 01:57:29 PM
At this point, unless he's actually affecting anyone, just ignore Rodimus. Clearly he just enjoys stirring things up for the sake of it...
Quote from: TrainFan97 on May 27, 2021, 09:51:19 PM
My thoughts exactly. With no more new characters being created that have an even remote possibility of being made into models (not that anyone would want them anyway) Bachmann has no choice but to either make older characters, like Ryan and Daisy, or put the whole line on the chopping block. Obviously they'll go with the former, because as we all know, if there's money to be made, Mattel will drain the source until theres nothing left before getting rid of it.

Quote from: Armada Starscream on May 27, 2021, 02:07:55 PM

Yeah, I forgot that, but it wouldn't be a difficult adjustment to make, especially since they could just alter the non driven bogie and leave the rest as is.
And yet you're opening your mouth to stir things up because you think you're superior to people. Shut up.

thomasj219

Well isn't that certainly the pot calling the kettle black....

Rodimus, I don't know where you think you are. But that kind of language is not welcome on this forum, nor is your usual hostility.

I'm not sure what your issue is, but this is not the place to sort it out.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.