News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Stepney or Ryan?

Started by TerencetheTractor525, July 28, 2019, 11:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GordonPacific04

Lovely video indeed. I now have a better appreciation for the character! I hope bachmann will make Stepney, but if they don't, there are loads of Hornby Stepney Era 2's on eBay.

GordonPacific04

I'm not really understanding the argument on how Stepney would be "perfect" for the 75th anniversary. I mean he only had 5 episodes with a major speaking role. Plus he's not even in the show anymore. Unless he's brought back, it's probably highly unlikely that we'll get bachmann Stepney. But like I said, I'd love to be wrong. Now with Ryan, he's very relevant in the show and has appeared in a movie.

TerencetheTractor525

The 75th Anniversary is a time to glorify great figures of Thomas' past, and I don't think that there would be anything more special to announce than Stepney. For the younger audience who may not be familiar with Stepney, they could always find out who he is through the web using the Thomas Wiki, YouTube, etc. Besides, we should remember that most kids who are very young would generally not own every Bachmann Thomas engine to begin with due to their expense. The avid fans are the ones who buy every quality engine that gets made. Thus, why not switch things up a bit and announce an classic engine that would not only be wonderful to see for the 75th Anniversary, but also be an extremely great seller, as classic engines like Duck proved to us. After all, based on every poll throughout social media, Stepney has had more of a following than Ryan. Plus, due to his smaller and simpler design, he would be less expensive to make. The reasoning is self explanatory if you ask me :P.
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

Kemptown Branch

To add to what Terence said, Duck was announced and released before coming back to the series as well, and I a lot of people were excited when he was announced.
Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.

GordonPacific04

Sodor Engineer

To also add to what TerencetheTractor525 and TrainMan2001 said Donald and Douglas were released in 2011 and 2008 was the last year they were seen in the show till 2016,Bill and Ben were released in 2010 and the last time they were seen in the show before they were released was 2008 and then were seen in 2014 so I think that Stepney has a very good chance of being made for the 75 anniversary really hope they make him thanks for reading :)
  thomas fan
I like Stepney and would love to see him in ho scale.

Falcon the 2nd

In short, it'd be fair to say that just because a character hasn't been in the show for a long time doesn't mean they should be ruled out. Though I wasn't part of the community at the time the two pairs of twins were announced, I know for a fact that the news about Duck pleased a lot of fans back in 2012.

And not since Duck have we seen an engine announced that wasn't part of the current show, so on top of the other reasons everyone else has shared, Stepney would work wonders as a 75th anniversary engine.
Wishlists:
HO Scale - Stepney, Tar Tanker
N Scale - Henry, Mavis, Milk Tanker, Brake Van

Anthony P2

I'm kind of torn between either Ryan or Stepney, I do kind of lean more towards Stepney! Stepney has gotten some serious attention recently! I'm not just talking about the character but the actual loc has been getting attention even with a new model by Hornby. I think it would be nice to see Bachmann come out with Steppers for the T&F range! 🙂

mulfred-100

I'd prefer Stepney over Ryan if I had the choice however both are nice tank engines and again if take either of these over Stanley or Sidney. I'm not sure if people have read that Sif posted on Facebook yesterday an article about the 75th anniversary and the two specials that Stepney, city of truro and Ballard will be part of the specials. I'm intrigued to see how Stepney will be designed if this is true. Surely if he is it would give his chances a slight boost

TrainFan97

So, there's whispers that Stepney could be returning next season. I'll believe it when I see it. Not much is known about the specials yet.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Sodor Engineer

What!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?were did you hear this. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
I like Stepney and would love to see him in ho scale.

Ronniethe14xxx

it's just a rumor as of now. Stepney, Duke, and/or BoCo make the most sense to come back next year tho

TerencetheTractor525

I am all for seeing Stepney, BoCo, and Duke return. However, while making CGI models of them, I really hope that the licencor studies the models from the model era of the show carefully, especially in Stepney's case. The last thing that I would want to see is a CGI Stepney with odd proportions, just like Oliver and Duncan. This is why it would be wonderful if Duck's situation happened again with Stepney, which is to announce Stepney before his CGI model is revealed.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/ttte/images/5/58/BowledOut4.png/revision/latest?cb=20180905190252

After all, I would really love to see a classic series face on Stepney. That would certainly make the model extra special for avid fans :).
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

grandpuff

Hello to All:

I agree with Terrence that Stepney would probably be the most deserving engine from the classic era to be announced for the 75th Anniversary Year 2020. They have said that they plan on honoring the classic era specifically. So my vote is for Stepney The Bluebell Engine which has long been one of my favorites.

Photo 1

If Bachmann is planning any 75th Anniversary announcements for Narrow Gauge I cannot think of a better choice than Duke aka Granpuff. I know it would be a stretch because he is a tender engine, but there is no more fitting classic engine than Duke.

Photo 2

In any event we will all have to be patient and wait until February 2020 to find out.

After having free service dropped by Photobucket, Flickr, and Tiny Pic, I have now moved over to Imageshack which is offering a one year unlimited photo posting for $18.99. Seems to be easy to use so we shall see how this works.

Grandpuff
Grandpuff

tinyrail

Hi all, new to the forum here. Of Ryan or Stepney I would prefer Bachmann to make Stepney, based on the model series of course   ;D He is easily a fan-favorite, and I think announcing him next year would be a great way to celebrate the 75th Anniversary!