Poll, Which 4-6-2 should Bachmann Industries Produce?

Started by Guilford Guy, December 20, 2007, 07:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveS

I sure agree that we need a Pacific and not PRR!
They were great locos. The CPR had plans to build 600 of them in the 1940's which shows what they thougth of them. Only a little over 100 were built and these were probably the last Pacifics built in North America with the last being delivered in 1948.
Now I doubt we will ever see a Bachamann model of one but I would be happy with any Spectrum Pacific.

japasha

Andre,

That's a nice shot of an SP P4 (originally P1) on the original Transcontinental line through Altamont Pass. Grew up nearby. My vote on the SP would be a later Pacific. This one was built in 1906. As rebuilt in the picture it lasted into the 50s. so it could be set in pretty modern times with early Diesels

Woody Elmore

The votes are in and the consensus from this, and other postings, is that Bachmann would do well to market some Harriman road engines.

You've got to admit that the Ps-4 in green is quite an impressive locomotive.

I'm still waiting for a small mogul (such as Wabash #573) in HO.

rogertra

It would be really great if Bachmann made things like the sandbox and steam dome removable without leaving a great big hole in the boiler or worst still, a casting for the base of the dome or sandbox.  Both the dome and the sandbox could be held in position by a screw up through the boiler so that if they are moved, all you need to fill is the small screw hole and not have to file the bases to remove them.

andrechapelon

Andre,

That's a nice shot of an SP P4 (originally P1) on the original Transcontinental line through Altamont Pass. Grew up nearby. My vote on the SP would be a later Pacific. This one was built in 1906. As rebuilt in the picture it lasted into the 50s. so it could be set in pretty modern times with early Diesels

That's fine with me. Let 'em do a Harriman Heavy instead of a light. I could use a P-6 or two or three (but not more, since three of the six P-6's went to the T&NO to be tarted up and made into P-14's).

Andre

Guilford Guy

http://snappoll.com/poll/240399.php
Be sure to vote in the second poll. The Locomotives in first and second place at the end of this month will be put in another poll will will run until the 25th of January. Just in time for Springfield!
Alex

japasha

Harriamn Pacifics would be fine here. I still like the B&M as it has a look in keeping wtih the Lima Superpower heritage.

In the case of the most appealing, the USRA heavy Pacific covers a lot of territory as it was adapted by many lines.