News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Retooled 0-6-0

Started by prr22, August 12, 2020, 01:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prr22

So, I think we all have that old Bachmann 6 wheeler sitting on a shelf somewhere.  I have a buddy who has a fleet of walthers heritage 6 wheelers that look great.  It's been a while since any QUALITY 6 wheeler has been on the market.  I'm pretty excited for it.  Thoughts?
Modeling the rolling hills from Baltimore to Pittsburg

jonathan

I have 5 of the old 0-6-0's, from a 90's version all the way up to the DCC versions.

I am looking forward to an 0-6-0 with the correct tender.  Wish they were producing one without Sound Value.  I have enough sounders.

Of course, I will be looking for an excuse to pick up the B&O 0-6-0... and detailing it up nicely.  Arm sufficiently twisted.

Regards,

Jonathan

Trainman203

Being polite, I have the competition's 0-6-0 that is better detailed in my opinion.  But still, the biggest thing I'd look for in the Bachmann reissue is a WORKING FRONT COUPLER.  How can you call an engine without one a switcher.

Is there one?  Can anyone verify?

prr22

Trainman 203 I completely agree, but this is all we've got...  *shaking my head*
Modeling the rolling hills from Baltimore to Pittsburg

rich1998

Quote from: Trainman203 on August 12, 2020, 03:00:40 PM
Being polite, I have the competition's 0-6-0 that is better detailed in my opinion.  But still, the biggest thing I'd look for in the Bachmann reissue is a WORKING FRONT COUPLER.  How can you call an engine without one a switcher.

Is there one?  Can anyone verify?

I saw an article some time ago at the trains.com forum with photos. The user used a Kadee coupler. Check the Kadee site also. They might say something als and do a Google search. That could take a little time.

I did give away two of those steamers to someone here about ten years ago. I kept the tenders.

Rich