News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Rail Truck

Started by Rock Ridge, October 08, 2020, 01:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock Ridge

I have a G scale Rail Truck and the gears have split.  I called the Estore for replacements and it appears they don't carry them.  Does anyone know where you can get all the replacement gears for the gear box and the drive shaft?

Stokerman

I think NWSL (North West Short Line) is destined to become our go to source for all of our large scale gearing needs. It is hoped that enough of this sort of business will go that way to keep NWSL in business and profitable for many years to come, and perhaps even encourage them to develop entire improved replacement gear trains, motor blocks and alternate drive systems.
Are we having fun yet???

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi,

Measure all the gears and count the teeth, the go to NWSL.com.  They seem to answer emails quickly and have been very helpful to me.

good luck and let us know how it goes!

Loco Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Fred2179

Quote from: Rock Ridge on October 08, 2020, 01:40:07 PM
I have a G scale Rail Truck and the gears have split.  I called the Estore for replacements and it appears they don't carry them.  Does anyone know where you can get all the replacement gears for the gear box and the drive shaft?
There are a lot of gears in the Railtruck. Which gears are split? The ones at the front connecting the motor to the driveshaft, or the ones at the axle?

I have not heard that NWSL have the railtruck gears, but a lot of Bachmann stuff is reused, so (as Bill says) measure it, count the gears, estimate the size of the hole for the shaft, and ask NWSL. Their website says:"Locomotive Technical Support: tech@nwsl.com".

There is also a gentleman on Facebook, Jerry Yeramian, who makes gears. If NWSL don't have anything, and Jerry thinks it might be a universal problem part (and thus worth making,) he will cut one for you in Delrin. His email is girotek@rcn.com, and he will need the same info as NWSL.