News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Figure-8 reverse loop in DC

Started by H5subway, October 23, 2020, 11:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gearedenginefreak

H5subway -

Google Micromark truck tuner. It is a tool that will perfectly take care of the wheelset binding you described when changing to metal wheelsets. It is worth every penny. I have used it for years as I convert cars from plastic wheels to metal.

Tom

Trainman203

You can always bend the plastic  truck frames outward a little.  Easy, no one ever thinks of it.

H5subway

Quote from: Gearedenginefreak on November 20, 2020, 09:25:11 AM
H5subway -

Google Micromark truck tuner. It is a tool that will perfectly take care of the wheelset binding you described when changing to metal wheelsets. It is worth every penny. I have used it for years as I convert cars from plastic wheels to metal.

Tom

Thank you for letting me know. I received it today and used it (I had enough spare untrimmed wheelsets to replace the wheels on 3 out of the 4 cars that originally had plastic wheels, and they roll perfectly now; waiting to receive another batch of replacement wheels to do the last car as well).

jbrock27

Quote from: WoundedBear on October 27, 2020, 11:17:50 AM
Quote from: rich1998 on October 27, 2020, 10:55:14 AM
To the OP. A picture is worth a thousand words I learned many years ago. Solves issues faster.

Please sign your name. It is appropriate.

Rich

Don't worry about your name. If you are not comfortable using your name then don't.

Rich.....please quit making up rules of conduct. If you wanna use your name, go ahead. Nothing here says it is "appropriate" .

WoundedBear

Afterall, "rich" changes his User name, back and forth, recylcing them, every couple years on the train forums he's on..... ???
Keep Calm and Carry On

H5subway

Quote from: Gearedenginefreak on November 20, 2020, 09:25:11 AM
H5subway -

Tom

This tool has been useful in improving the rolling quality of most of my cars, but unfortunately the last 2 cars I got turned out to be a lot more difficult. Both of those cars came with metal wheels, and thus should've had perfect rolling quality from the beginning, but unfortunately their rolling quality wasn't as good as I expected. But for some reason the truck frames on those cars are so tight that the truck tuner just wouldn't fit in them (I was worried about accidentally breaking the frames when trying to tune them), as a result I wasn't able to tune those cars properly (it seems like it might've actually made it worse). I wonder why that is (why those frames are built such that the truck tuner can't fit, even though it was specifically designed for that purpose).

Edit: nevermind, just tried it again (tried harder but still carefully), was successfully able to do both cars this time. It was a bit harder than the other cars, but not impossible.