News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC Troubleshooting

Started by mikemoss, June 15, 2023, 12:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikemoss

I'm running all Bachmann products on my N scale layout.  I have the EZ Command Plus with DCC turnouts and the Bachmann 5 amp booster.  My locomotive obviously receives signal as I can change sound and lighting.  As soon as I apply throttle power it jerks forward and stops.  Any suggestions?

Desert Rose

When I have that problem, I check the drive train for defects and repair if any, find someone whith a controller that can change CVs and reset the decoder to factory (soundtraxx cv8=8 or cv 30=2). Every time the sound works, and the motor control doesn't work I have sorted out the motor control. I remove the decoder and install it in a dummy engine for sound effects. and install a new one in the locomotive. I would recommend you have your decoder tested Before you go replacing anything.

Check with Bachmann service department, or a local Hobby shop that has repair service.

Bachmann Service Department
Repair inquiries, or general inquiries may also be sent to:

Bachmann Customer Service
1400 East Erie Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19124

Bachmann's Service Department is available Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm (All Times Eastern). Customer Service for all scales can be reached at 215-533-1600 or Fax at 215-554-6734.

https://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/service.php

Toymann01

I own a ez command controller all functions work but locomotived have stopped moving any suggestions?

trainman203

If it's a steam locomotive, something in the rods and valve gear might be catching and jamming.

Desert Rose

This is a NCE 0219 Decoder Tester Kit. The decoder tester works with ANY DCC decoder. Test for motor forward and reverse, functions F0F, F0R, 1, and 2.

Toymann01

The trains move using a different controller ordered the new plus