STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 05, 2022, 03:36:57 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  How many/which engines will get DCC versions?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How many/which engines will get DCC versions?  (Read 507 times)
TrainsPlushiesBloomers

View Profile
« on: April 24, 2022, 08:50:04 PM »

So part of my quest to collect all of Bachmann’s HO Thomas engines and rolling stock, is to have all them fitted with DCC.

So far I have Toby and Oliver, both of which I added Digitrax decoders to myself. Henry and Emily will be my next purchases, and I plan on buying them Tony’s Trains since they can add DCC to them before they send them out.

We know that Bachmann plans on releasing models of Thomas and Percy that already have decoders installed. I’ll probably get those at some point since I don’t have the “normal” versions of them.

Anyways, let’s say the DCC versions of Thomas and Percy sell well, how many engines will end up getting DCC versions?

I could see James getting a DCC version, and possibly some other “classic” engines, but I doubt every single one will get a DCC version.

Thoughts? How well do you think DCC Thomas and Percy will sell? Which engines will follow them in getting DCC out of the box?
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2022, 06:04:25 PM »

It's really hard to speculate further additions to the HO DCC/sound lineup when Thomas and Percy aren't out yet.  In the latest Trainworld stream, it's been confirmed due to the semi-conductor shortage that the DCC Thomas and Percy won't be out until 2023. 

If it helps, the five engines in Bachmann's UK lineup are all DCC ready which will help with adding a decoder (and sound) to those models.  Otherwise that's the most we will be getting DCC wise from the Thomas range for the time being.
TrainsPlushiesBloomers

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2022, 12:09:33 AM »

I just checked, and the UK versions of the models are indeed DCC ready!

I’ll definitely see about getting those versions of Gordon and James!

Thanks for information!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: