News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Your new parts interface

Started by mickeykelley, February 10, 2024, 05:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickeykelley

Just to let you know that your new interface in the parts section is absolutely horrible. It is very slow and cumbersome.  You cannot see right off if the item is out of stock.  And you can't easily move between engines. It is just bad design. 

Loco Bill Canelos

All and admisistrators,

I had no trouble at all with the speed and I liked how the individual parts displayed immediately in a large size with the price clearly shown.  Unfortunately you do have to take the next step to find out if it is available or not.

Recommend that if at all possible to reprogram to see if the availability could show up on the first screen showing the part and the price.

Cheers,

Loco Bill

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Bachmann Industries, Inc.

Quote from: mickeykelley on February 10, 2024, 05:25:19 PMJust to let you know that your new interface in the parts section is absolutely horrible. It is very slow and cumbersome.  You cannot see right off if the item is out of stock.  And you can't easily move between engines. It is just bad design. 
The interface is different and will take time to get used to if you are familiar with old one. The side bar took up a lot of screen space.  This format is also mobile device friendly, which the last one wasn't.

Here is how to navigate now:
If you hover over the part, it will only display More info if it is out of stock.  If it is in stock, it will show both more info and Add to cart.

To switch product type, use the cascading menu under SHOP PARTS at top of page.

Loco Bill Canelos

HI, Bachmann Industries,

Thanks for the fast reply!  Looking at it a little closer, I see that I missed that point you make about hovering. 

All I can say is it works perfectly and I love the large format.  Definitely like the way prices clearly display now, under the old system sometimes I found it confusing. Very easy to use this new one. Old guys like me sometimes hate change, but this one is a welcome improvement.

Thanks for the tip!!

Loco Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Stokerman

Hello Bachmann

I'm one of those old guys who does not like change, but looking over your new parts catalog, I'd have to say that it is A-Okay!

Thanks for sticking with us on these discontinued product lines!!!
Are we having fun yet???

Fred Klein

I've used the new parts interface at least a half-dozen times, have placed two orders and have not had any problems. I didn't know about the "hovering" feature until it was mentioned by Bachmann Industries above, but have since used it, and find it to be a real timesaver. Good job, Bachmann.
Fred Klein
Okeechobee, FL