News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Wiring in a Digitrax sound decoder

Started by DRErb, March 08, 2016, 11:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRErb

I am attempting to install this Digitrax decoder into my Bachman gp38-2.I understand the pickups for the trucks are black & red, ok when I get to the engine Digitrax is orange & grey,my loco is green & orange ,how do I hook up?

Len

Whatever original color in the loco comes from the right hand rail, relative to the front of the loco, goes to the RED decoder wire. The ORANGE decoder wire goes to whatever brush the original right hand wire was connected to.

Whatever original color in the loco comes from the left hand rail, relative to the front of the loco, goes to the BLACK decoder wire.
The GREY decoder wire goes to whatever brush the original left hand wire was connected to.

The decoder WHITE wire is the front headlight power sink, the YELLOW wire is the rear light power sink, and the BLUE wire is the common power source for both.

See your instructions for the sound connections.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

DRErb

Thanks for response, my problem is a green & orange wire coming from bottom of engine,do I just connect orange to orange &grey to green,on my decoder?

Len

Added some emphasis to my earlier response. The key is which wire, regardless of color, is coming from the right hand rail power pick up relative to the front of the loco. Whatever color it is, it goes to the RED decoder wire. The left rail pickup wire, regardless of it's color, goes to the BLACK decoder wire.

Unless you post a picture of where the wires are coming from, there's no way for anyone here to know which is left and which is right regarding your green and orange wires.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

DRErb

Thanks for your response I got things working,now only to get it back together, hopefully.