News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Locomotive Suggestions!

Started by Gunslinger87, March 24, 2008, 12:36:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frisco

I would really like to see a Rio Grande 4-8-2. This would be easy to make since it is basicly just the already produced heavy mountain. It is a lot cheaper to make a new roadname than a new locomotive.                                                                                                     

I would also really like to see a Katy 4-6-2. I would have to agree with the writter of The Georgin Locomotive that these have to be one of the best looking locomotives ever made.                 

kevin2083

we need SMALL steam. That 2-6-0 looks fitting. I hope the spectrum 0-6-0 is put back in production, and I'm still wanting a nice looking/running 0-4-0. Also wanting a 2-truck Shay.

I can dream........
______
|_____|
0|||||0   
||'-#'||

jbsmith

Steam
How about the  Mikado/McArthur?
One that does not cost $400+.

Diesel
Why not the classic that many got in their very first set,way back when,well for me it was anyways. Yes I'm talking about:

The  F.M. C-Liner!

In ATSF Warbonnet colors of course, and any other roadnames.
not to many out there.

nickco201

Umm... Southern Railroad Ps-4 4-6-2.... I've made the case for that one many a time! Preferably the baker valve gear, elesco FWH, long tender version.?

Frisco

Quote from: jbsmith on January 22, 2009, 08:27:32 PM
Steam
How about the  Mikado/McArthur?
One that does not cost $400+.

Diesel
Why not the classic that many got in their very first set,way back when,well for me it was anyways. Yes I'm talking about:

The  F.M. C-Liner!

In ATSF Warbonnet colors of course, and any other roadnames.
not to many out there.
Proto 1000 from Walthers makes one. Trainworld has a verry good price on it too.

boomertom

Steam:   2-8-2 USRA light   DCC ONBOARD
              4-6-2 USRA light   DCC ONBOARD

Diesel:    F7    DCC ONBOARD
              GP7 non Dynamic brake DCC ONBOARD

I would love to see the diesels in the original Clinchfield scheme but would acept undecorated
Tom Blair (TJBJRVT68)

Santa Fe buff

What about early EMD E-units? They looked pretty sleek. That might be a good seller.

This is a EMD E1, purchased by the ATSF.

Here is a picture of a pair of A-B configured units pulling a famous Santa Fe passenger train. (Perhaps the "Super Chief"?)

Those are EMD E1s as well.

Note the larger nose logo.

SOURCES:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EMD_E1
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:ATSF_E1_2.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:ATSF_E1.jpg

Josh
- Joshua Bauer

pcctrolleyII

I'm alittle shocked no one brought up the GG-1 that would look nice in Bachmann's fleet, or maybe bring out more paint jobs for the PCC Trolleys. As for Diesels maybe an RS2.  As for Steam yes i would love to see Bachmann put out a BigBoy.
PCC trolleys for life.

RAM

I'm a little shocked no one brought up the GG-1.  I don't know where you have been, but the GG-! has been on the market for 70 years.  The first company I know of that made the GG-1 was Varney.  There has been 3 or 4 companies that have made them since.  I don't know how many bigboys or RS2s we need. Now something that has not been made is a 4-6-4T, or the double ended baldwin passenger locomotive, or a lima unit.  Not many were made but no one makes them.  I still vote for a santa fe 2-6-2.

Guilford Guy

Why make an  Diesel only owned by ATSF?
I'm still pushing for a small six coupled steamer...
GG1's are being made by BLI, IHC, and MTH, so sales would lower than another model, especially with the current economic state, doing a poor selling tooling is probably not a good idea.
Alex

pcctrolleyII

what i meant by shocked is that no one brought up here as a suggestion. I know they been on the market for ever i own three IHC GG-1s.
PCC trolleys for life.

Yampa Bob

I first commented in this thread almost a year ago. Today I'm glad to say I have almost every type of loco my roster requires. Vintage and early steam, transition and modern. Of course, being able to choose from 6 fallen flags and 20 reporting marks made it a lot easier. I have two SD70 MAC on pre-order, I've been hoping for their release since the prototype first pulled into our local yard.

I had to stretch a Connie 2-8-0 into a Mikado. Not totally authenic, but then it complies with good old Rule Number One. My current project is a 0-8-0T conversion, possibly two, for my yards. Sometimes we just have to improvise.

One major manufacturer now has over 500 models of transition and modern diesels, either in stock or on the way throughout the year. Offering a model in multiple road numbers is a real boost to sales.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

RAM

Guiford Guy.  Look at how many locomotive are made which only one rr had.  U.P. Big Boy, NW Js, NYC 4-6-4s all the Penn RR locomotive, Sp daylight, Santa Fe 4-8-4s, and I am sure that they have more.

Guilford Guy

Those are all steam...
I think if Bachmann were to do an E unit, it would not be an E unit only appropriate for one or two railroads.

Still pushing for small steam... Of course the economy is so bad that new toolings are risky...
SMALL STEAM!
Alex

Santa Fe buff

I thought this was for "fun"? ;) I just thought of it because I haven't seen a single early "Super Chief" E1 in HO scale at all. We already know it's not wise to introduce new tooling in this economy, but this is just for fun. To brainstorm locomotives that would be pretty cool.

I had no idea just how "radical" my ideas were! :D

Josh
- Joshua Bauer