News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Would you like to see a Spectrum 4-6-2!

Started by Guilford Guy, February 28, 2007, 11:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guilford Guy

ahh but matt said a SOUTHERN P1 not a T+P  ;) ;) ;)
Alex

lanny

RE: IC #2034 .... Ahhh, Yes! Stephen! I believe you have a great idea for Bachmann Ind. to consider mfg. :-) ... that would be a very nice series to model (or anything series from 1100 up to this one). I'd buy one or four! :-)

lanny nicolet

ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler

Stephen Warrington

:)I agree Lanny if they would only produce it in IC paint. Its amazing they based the 2-8-0 on a IC locomotive but have never offered it painted for the ICRR ???

heres another fine example of ICRR motive power.

Stephen

Alex V.

A non-Pennsy Pacific would be nice - I'd like to see a Mikado, too.
Alex - Owner/Operator
          Western Overland R.R.

r.cprmier

Both will be available this year from Precision (BLI).  The Mikes are probably just a re-issue, but the Pacifics are new.  I want two or more Pacifics-I think they will make great New Haven I-4s.  The I-5 looks like a rea beauty!! 

Rich
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Alex V.

Alex - Owner/Operator
          Western Overland R.R.

pdlethbridge

pdlethbridge

it help keep the post active and on top

lanny

Here's a nice Pacific coming out of St. Louis. This would be a nice one for Bachmann to mfg.  :-)

lanny

pdlethbridge

Looks like it could also be a B&M pacific

Scott S

I would like a model close to the B&M P-2-c. pdlethbridge posted a few pics; the first two look to me like B&M class P-1 or P-2, all ALCO-Schenectady products with 73" drivers. The last - the only one whose number I can make out - is styled more like the USRA design; this is one of four B&M class P-5-a acquired from D&LW. Unlike the earlier B&M Pacifics (through class P-3), these were from Brooks, and according to http://www.faracresfarm.com/jbvb/rr/bmrr/steam.html, had 62" drivers.

A model that could pass as a B&M P-2 could be painted in at least four schemes for that one road - the early (1911) black scheme, the Minuteman scheme (blue and cream), the Flying Yankee scheme (two-tone green), and the square herald.

Guilford Guy

Quote from: Scott S on March 16, 2007, 10:55:07 PM
I would like a model close to the B&M P-2-c. pdlethbridge posted a few pics; the first two look to me like B&M class P-1 or P-2, all ALCO-Schenectady products with 73" drivers. The last - the only one whose number I can make out - is styled more like the USRA design; this is one of four B&M class P-5-a acquired from D&LW. Unlike the earlier B&M Pacifics (through class P-3), these were from Brooks, and according to http://www.faracresfarm.com/jbvb/rr/bmrr/steam.html, had 62" drivers.

A model that could pass as a B&M P-2 could be painted in at least four schemes for that one road - the early (1911) black scheme, the Minuteman scheme (blue and cream), the Flying Yankee scheme (two-tone green), and the square herald.
I third that!
And it may sell because 3713 a P4 is being worked on at steamtown and will hopefully pull excursions in the future!
Alex

lanny

Ray or Stephen (or other ICRR steam experts) on the forum can judge if what I am writing is correct. But it seems to me from pdlethbridge's (Paul?) three photos, the first two have that 'highly desired' straight boiler and the cab on the first photo really reminds me of a Harriman cab. Both of them definitely remind me of ICRR Pacifics.

The third, however, is just too 'USRA' for me ... that all too familar 'hump' in the boiler  :-)

Anyway ... if a mfg (maybe Bachmann Spectrum! :-)  would use one of those two as a basic design, I could be happy... it wouldn't take too much, from the photo appearances, to turn them into ICRR Pacifics.

lanny nicolet

Stephen Warrington

Hi Lanny,

The top two photos do look like Harriman types to me as well and true the 3rd  one does have that hump in the boiler. I think any of the three would be a good choice.

Stephen