News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

is there a wish list for bachmann?

Started by trainmanchris, July 25, 2008, 10:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trainmanchris

is there, cause there are a lot of things i've been thinking about for the last 3 years....... :-\

SteamGene

Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

trainmanchris

rogertra

And they don't seem to listen to them which probably explains the lack of any new Spectrum HO steam this year or even the reintroduction of discontinued Spectrum steam, like the light mountain.  :-(

RAM

I would not say that they do not listen.  In the last few years Bachmann has come out with some great products.  The only one that I have gotten is 2 2-8-0s.  The other locomotives are nice but they don't fit in on my Santa fe layout.  I think many times you have 600 requesting 600 different locomotives.  It also requiers big bucks and time to produce a locomotive.  Bachmann is in bussiness to make money.  one or two bad products can really hurt the bottom line.

Yampa Bob

I don't have a wish list for Bachmann products.  I feel very fortunate to have acquired all the locomotives I need and/or want.

I model primarily Union Pacific so Rio Grande and Southern Pacific fits right into my roster.  With all the UP fallen flags, selecting rolling stock has also been very easy.

Perhaps we all should be more grateful for the wonderful line of products already available. My dad taught me at an early age to not be a "wisher".
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

trainmanchris

oh i know i was just wondering if they had one..............if i need somthing...........i'll make it:D LOL good thing i can kitbash! ;D

Hamish K

Plenty of people post their wishes for new Bachmann products here. I would say that Bachmann does take notice - but wishes posted on this forum can only be one input among many into Bachmann's decision making process. Only a small proportion of purchasers of Bachmann products are active on this board so Bachmann needs to consider other factors including sales of existing products, reports from retailers and other market research. Then there is cost and difficulty of making a product (steam outline is usually more costly to make than diesel for example) the number of variations that can be made with relatively minor retooling and so on. All of this affects the liklihood of making a profit from a given model. So no manufacturer could base product decions SOLEY on views expressed on a board like this.

Hamish

Ham

CNE Runner

Having owned a couple of small businesses...start up funds can be rather steep - especially for a new product line. That not withstanding, I would love to see a turn of the century Mogul. As it stands I own two Spectrum 4-4-0s (one DCC+sound, one DCC only) and both of them are outstanding runners. So Bachmann: When are you going to release that Mogul? ;)
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

Yampa Bob

CNE,

Since Bachmann currently doesn't make one, guess it's ok to mention this here. I recently bought 2 of the Roundhouse sets, with 2-6-0 vintage (1890) loco DCC ready, 4 Overland cars, EZ track and Athearn controller.  Being on sale at almost half price I couldn't pass them up. I also got 2 of the 2-8-0 Bumble Bee to go with my yellow Overton cars.  The small locos are very quiet and exceptionally smooth runners.

I know that Bachmann won't duplicate the efforts of other manufacturers, so I doubt if they will produce the vintage models, but I would like to see them upgrade all their Prairies, USRA, and Moguls to Spectrum DCC equipped.   

I would like to have a 0-6-0T, I understand Bachmann made it at one time.  If Bachmann brought it back in Spectrum DCC, I would definitely grab a couple of them.

As said before, I'm not wishing for anything, very happy with what I have now.

RAM

The 0-6-0t was a Spectrum.  As far as the USRA 0-6-0, 2-6-0, 2-6-2.  We don't them upgrated.  What we need is a redesigned 2-6-2.  Something like a Santa Fe with 69 inch drivers.  Any kind of 0-6-0 orther than the USRA.  Perhaps one with removible domes. to make it easy to change.

Yampa Bob

There is a word missing in the phrase "We don't......them upgraded.".If the word is "need" I would probably agree, as there are more desired options.  But if the word is "want", then it is one person speaking for all modelers.  :D

I was not aware that the original 0-6-0T was a Spectrum, so "just bring it back" would have been more appropriate to say. It might have been ahead of its time, I see many people asking for it.  I can only guess that sales didn't warrant keeping it in the line.

Pacific Northern

Wish list

An 0-6-0T Spectrum.

Yet another engine that seemed to have a lot of interest that was only produced a short time.

I was lucky enough to obtain one of these shorty after they were introduced. They seemed to have about the same shelf life as the Climax.

I wonder which manufacturer will bring out a line of steam engines in the Harriman series. Lots of interest in these. Perhaps Roundhouse/Athearn can resurrect this line. I am sure waiting for the re-released 4-6-2 from the Genesis to the Roundhouse line.
Pacific Northern

Frisco

I really hope they bring back the light mountain in same roadnames different roadnumbers. I already have one of these but it is one of the few locomotives that I would buy more than one of. Also it would barly cost them anything to make it as they already have the tolling. Also a DCC        0-6-0t would be great. I have one and alough they don't pull nearly as much as the P2K 0-6-0 they still run nicely.

ralpho37

I want to see some new C&O steam.  A K-3 Mikado or F-19 Pacific would be sweet.

I don't understand why they don't have these already to be honest.  Visually, these locomotives are nearly identical to the J-2 Mountain that Spectrum already produces in C&O.  If they were to manufacture a USRA Mikado or Pacific they could do the same thing they did with the Mountain: give a C&O scheme with a Vandy tender and the "flying pumps."  I own one of those C&O Mountains and it is a beautiful engine!