News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Dirty Jobs/Steam locomotive

Started by NewYorkCentralgirl, October 08, 2008, 05:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewYorkCentralgirl

i think that servicing and running a steam locomotive would be a perfect idea for the show dirty jobs on discovery channel

what are your thoughts

i am trying to get the idea out there so if you agree log on to http://www.discoverychannel.com and head to the dirty jobs
if we annoy them with enough posts we might get our wish and knowing the show they might get all of us train fans a look on how they run our favorite steam locomotives such as...

UP Challenger
UP FEF
Sante Fe's 4-8-4

please help

SteamGene

It is dirty - but then we fall into the "steam locomotives pollute" trap.  BTW, you mentioned NONE of my favorite engines. <g>
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Dusten Barefoot

I think a good ol' coal burnner would be a great one to work on, them suckers are dirty! I asked Tweetsie if they would mind Mike to go there and work a show with them.....never got  a reply back  ;)
Rock On!
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

richG

That might go. Finding one ready for inspection/cleaning might be the issues. Mike was on a small steam powered ship inside the firebox/boiler.
I tried once to suggest that but his site is much too complicated to wade though.

Rich

pdlethbridge

I think he did a show at Durango and Silverton

rogertra

"Dirty Jobs", the original UK program, not the North American copy, have already covered, in a small way, working on steam locos.

NewYorkCentralgirl

i personally want them to do the cog railways's locomotives, the challenger, Clark's trading post's climax, or that brand new loco that was just built for mainline use

and for the website it takes some time but if you follow the link it is pretty simple to put up your idea, i put this one up as a post like you do here

imagine getting a look at the climax at clark's or the challenger, it makes me want to get a J3a or niagara custom built if i win the lottery, even if i cant get trackage rights