Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Auxiliary Water Tenders

Started by Trains Again, March 14, 2007, 07:16:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orsonroy

Quote from: Stephen Warrington on March 22, 2007, 01:38:47 PM
Hi Ray,

Now I got a question do you have any photos of IC's Steam derricks or other big hooks you could share?

You know me Stephen; I've got bunches! Of the 100 MOW shots I've got digitized, I've got shots of crane/pile driver/excavator X7, 9, 10, 18, 20, 22, 24, 25, 32, 238 and 65001. I'll send you a few offlist.

And we're not butting heads, we're just talking about our favorite road! You have given me something to think about, as I too seem to recall a cistern with an engine number on it from someplace. But until I see the proof, I can't say one way or another if it was a real practice or a one time experiment (like the NKP with their "High Speed Service" boxcar)

Quotemaybe I should stick with motorized boxcars on wheels  :(

Egads, no!!!!
Here; this should take your mind off such evil things:

IC 2433, LaSalle, IL, 6/1938.
Ray Breyer
Modeling the NKP's Peoria Division, 1949

Stephen Warrington

Hi Ray,

Thanks so much on the crane shots and that sure  is a beauty leaving LaSalle yard.

here is one of the few I have besides the ones I been collecting off the net.

here is the link to my little collection of old photos
http://steve.bill--porter.com/glory_days.htm

Stephen

lanny

Ray,

Beautiful photo of 2433, but I was under the impression that 'most' of the 2400 series ICRR Mountains (as with most of ICRR late steam) had pilot mounted (NY style) air compressors? Or did they get those along with the Paducah sand dome(s) when they were 'shopped'?

Thanks!

lanny nicolet
ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler

Orsonroy

Check the date Lanny: 1938. The Paducah rebuild program was only started in 1936, so you're looking at an as-built engine that hasn't been sent through the wringer yet. The 2400s were originally built as passenger engines, so didn't get worked on as much by the IC until they made the decision to dieselize all of their mainline passenger trains, and convert the 2400s into straight freight engines. Give it five or six years, and this engine will look COMPLETELY different!
Ray Breyer
Modeling the NKP's Peoria Division, 1949

lanny

Thanks Ray.

I'm thinking 2400 series for my Spec 4-8-2 heavy (or maybe 2500 series ... I'll contact you 'offline' when I get that far!)

lanny
ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler