What is your favorite Loco; Post a Pic' & tell us why.

Started by Seasaltchap, March 15, 2007, 02:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlantic Central

Another of my favorates is the Western & Atlantic General of Civil war fame.

Sheldon

ebtbob

My favorite engine?   East Broad Top mikado,  number 17.   This was the first engine I saw run during my first visit to what has become my favorite railroad.

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Stephen Warrington

GEEZ just one?

N&W's J class 4-8-4's
Western & Atlantic's 4-4-0 General and Texas
ICRR's 2-10-2 Centrals

and one from across the pond
LNER's 4-6-2 Flying Scotsman

Stephen

ebtbob

LD303

Since you like GP30s,  here is a picture you will like.  It is the GP30 on the New Hope & Ivyland Railroad.

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

LD303

thanks bob, i love the paint scheme! 

seasalt....if you want a steam only thread, start one, but dont bellyache because someone likes diesels, i enjoy steamers, i love watching them start, steam billowing, wheelslip, all the stack noise and smoke.....but im not a ''steam fan'' , and while i agree that diesels dont have the charm  and quaintness of steamers, they are still very interesting.

Shay cn#94 built 1883. Used in Allegan, Mi area ( my home) Owned by Dewing & Sons Lumber Co. Operated on the "Allegan & Lake Shore R.R."Later went to WV. The Bachmann On30 is a very good likeness. A wood cowcatcher, Square headlight, and earlier cab are all the changes needed.

Seasaltchap

LD303 : I was serious in my comment. If I am to learn about GP30's, 38's & 40's, do they have some abiding technical feature.

I think there are other threads on the board to post pretty pictures, this one was to bring out a learning for me and for others.

What is the horsepower? What is the tractive effort? What makes them your favorite diesel loco beyond just a pretty paint scheme and a pretty picture: or as another wag would say, "a boxcar with a motor".
Phoenix AZ: OO enthusiast modelling GWR 1895-1939, Box Station Wiltshire; S&DJR Writhington Colliery, Nr. Radstock.

Interested in making friends on the site with similar interests.

HOplasserem80c

well i can't really say i love all trains

this 1926 I.C.R.R terminal because it looks really neat to me.

and this famous GG1 because it is well...................a GG1

LD303

Quote from: Seasaltchap on March 16, 2007, 11:49:44 PM

LD303 : I was serious in my comment. If I am to learn about GP30's, 38's & 40's, do they have some abiding technical feature.

I think there are other threads on the board to post pretty pictures, this one was to bring out a learning for me and for others.

What is the horsepower? What is the tractive effort? What makes them your favorite diesel loco beyond just a pretty paint scheme and a pretty picture: or as another wag would say, "a boxcar with a motor".

ok seasalt.......whats the abiding tech. feature of your favorite loco?  whats the h.p.? whats the tractive effort? what makes it your favorite steam loco? you didnt answer any of those questions on your post.  so whats up with the attitude??????
    this thread says whats your favorite loco? not what steam locos do you like...... so if youre so bored and hating everything not steam powered...make another thread and call it steam locos...simple enough yes???????  
 like it or not seasalt.......the majority of people in this country have never seen a steam loco up close...or maybe even at all....but diesels are everywhere, and thats what they relate to, so if you dont like it that others dont find steam locos so fascinating, i guess youll just have to be bored and complain a lot.

HOplasserem80c

Quote from: LD303 on March 17, 2007, 12:11:14 AM
Quote from: Seasaltchap on March 16, 2007, 11:49:44 PM

What is the horsepower? What is the tractive effort? What makes them
your favorite diesel loco beyond just a pretty paint scheme and a pretty picture: or as another wag would say, "a boxcar with a motor".

ok seasalt.......whats the abiding tech. feature of your favorite loco?  whats the h.p.? whats the tractive effort? what makes it your favorite steam loco? you didnt answer any of those questions on your post.  so whats up with the attitude??????
    this thread says whats your favorite loco? not what steam locos do you like...... so if youre so bored and hating everything not steam powered...make another thread and call it steam locos...simple enough yes???????  
 like it or not seasalt.......the majority of people in this country have never seen a steam loco up close...or maybe even at all....but diesels are everywhere, and thats what they relate to, so if you dont like it that others dont find steam locos so fascinating, i guess youll just have to be bored and complain a lot.

you are really mean. i mean that. you need to stop being rude and treat people with respect.

LD303

rude??  nope......responding to rude  comments...yes
  and you telling someone to be nice and stop being rude......thats hilarious!!!!    you cant even tell the truth when it comes to your age!!!!   
  and like trust...respect is not GIVEN....it is EARNED... and until someone earns my respect...i will not give them any.

HOplasserem80c

forget mean stubborn. and i did tel everyone my age so you are wrong and i don't think anyone wants to earn respect from a person like you. leave seasalt alone he is the one who is doing the right thing not you. i am going to stand up for people who get told what to do and how to do things by people like you.

Dusten Barefoot

Ya'll stop quaraling and act like civilized people. I am not one to intrude but this is a train board not a chat room. Steam locos are beautiful in design and how they opperate and diesels have nothing compared to the iron horse but I also like diesels but they have to be from the 30s or the past, any how my favorate loco in the tweetsie ten wheeler, although i swear i said this in this board unless i put it in a other one. Oh no i think i did 
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

LD303

oh yes!! i am stubborn...and im RIGHT!! you lied....you admitted it and asked to be forgiven,   but thats done.
  what does ''a person like you'' and ''people like you'' mean???  are you discriminating?  are you a hater??  
 seasalt got all flustered because i dared  to post an evil diesel pic and then proceeded to get huffy and say this thread is for steam only...well where in the title does it say that??????  
 youre going to have to face facts jr., you are ALWAYS going to have someone telling you what to do and how to do it......get used to it.

LD303

gotta love PRR too,  somehow the AMTRAK offerings just dont hold up compared  to the old days.....SP Daylights and PRR tuscan red passenger trains.....ahh the good ole days.