News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ command question ?

Started by taycotrains, November 30, 2008, 05:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taycotrains

I lost the CD that came with the original set.
I have more DCC engines than addresses now.
What is the procedure for assigning 2 engines to the same address
tail to tail ?
Thanks Bob

Running Bear

In this example I have one loco already addressed. It's address is 6. I want to address another loco to 6. It's currently set on 3. I put it on the track and press the 3 button on the controller and hold it down while I press and the STOP button. Now I release the 3 button. Now I press the 6 button then press the stop button. The loco has been changed from address 3 to address 6. To change the direction of travel of the loco I press the 6 button. Now I press and hold down the 6 button while I press and release the STOP button then I release the 6 button. Now I press the direction button for the direction I want the loco to run, forward or backward. Now I press and release the STOP button. The loco should now be programmed to run on address 6 in the direction specified. If it doesn't run in the right direction repeat the part of the instructions above pertaining to changing direction but use the other direction button.
Running Bear

taycotrains

I was able to change the address from 3 to 1 and now I have 2 Locos
on the number 1 address.
The locos are BLW Sharks ones a D&H the other a Demonstrator.
They run fine nose to tail but I cannot figure out the tail to tail config.

Bob

Yampa Bob

Read KCS' explanation again, he describes exactly how to do it.

To clarify a bit, it's just like changing addresses, except instead of hitting a new address button, you hit the direction button to change the default direction.

You can only have the loco you want to change direction on the track, remove the other one until you're finished.

Typical consists are:  2 on the lead, nose to tail.  1 on the lead and one at the rear, tail to tail (loco on each end of train)  "Broken set"...one in the middle running tail to tail with the rear loco, (nose to tail with the lead loco)

You can run up to 3 non-sound locos on EZ Command, lightly loaded possibly 4 but will run pretty slow and you might trip the breaker on the controller.

NOTE:  Before running 2 locos in consist, you should check them for "speed match".  Clear your tracks, place locos on opposite sides of loop, run both 1/2 to full throttle. (full preferred) If it takes 8 to 10 laps or more for one to catch the other, they are considered well matched.  After you change direction on one, place tail to tail on opposite sides of loop and run speed test again.  Some locos run faster backwards than forward.  Reverse direction on both and run same test.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

taycotrains

Thanks for the help...I am sure its something simple that Im screwing up.
At least I got the 2 locos on the same address and my kid can run the 2 sharks nose to tail...I he wants it tail to tail he can figure it out on his own.
I have a headache !

Bob T

taycotrains

Thanks for the tip ! I got the problem solved .
My daughter printed it out for me and I got it after a few tries
Thanks for every ones help.
Bob