News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The DD90X 16 wheel Diesel?

Started by NS carman, December 13, 2008, 08:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NS carman

I bought a Bachman locomotive this week and on the box it showed a UP 16 wheel diesel locomotive. I've searched here on the Bachman site and haven't found it. I even remember seeing those on boxes in the late 80's as well. Were can they be found? Thanks, take care.

-SS

Santa Fe buff

How old was that locomotive? If it's old enough, it might show that older run of the DD40X. I think they're redoing it, but it's isn't out yet.

Josh
- Joshua Bauer

the Bach-man

Dear NS,
The DD-40AX will be shipped in the Spring of '09.
The picture you saw is very likley the old model.
Happy Holidays!
the Bach-man

NS carman

Thanks Santa Fe and Bachmann. I'll be looking for the new monster in '09. Thanks for replying so quickly, today is my first time on here. Take care.

-SS

NS carman

Bought another locomotive that was a later packaged Plymouth Diesel Switcher. It had the DD40X on it as well. I can't wait until they come out again. It looks like a beast, and a pulling machine....Thanks.

-SS

Santa Fe buff

Since you seem very interesting in the EMD DD40AX,
My uncle is a model railroader. He has tons of train stuff. But it's all stored in Delaware were he does not live, but my grandmother owns the house, and lives in it that has the backyard with his shed. Inside that shed, he has an old Bachmann DD40AX from when it was out very early like indicated on your box. He said it wouldn't take 35" radii. He had to put on 35", then a 9" straight, another turn, and another straight. I too, have that kind of box, my other uncle, who has lots of G gauge, gave me older HO scale Bachmann Plasticville kits. It has the older 2-10-4 ATSF locomotive next to the DD40AX. By the way, Bachmann already has brought back the 2-10-4 ATSF locomotive. I'm very happy. Here's a link:

DD40AX

2-10-4 ATSF

Did you notice? They're DCC Equipped! :o

Josh

- Joshua Bauer

artkent

I have a DD40AX, UP 6941, Bachmann #81307, which runs fine on 18" radius track.  May not look too good, but will do it no problem.

Art

Frisco

My freind has one and it runs very well on 22" curves. It looks verry bad doing it though. It is a great model with lots of detail and it will pull any train that you put behind it.

NS carman

Great guys, I can't wait to find one.  I appreciate all the help, the link was very helpful Santa Fe!. So, what's the difference between the 125.00 and the 110.00 ones?

-SS

Santa Fe buff

One is N scale, the other is HO. The $110.00 one is cheaper for it's cheaper to make it in N scale. If you click on the locomotive's title, when it shows you the features/description, above the picture, you'll see a link chain. In that chain, you'll see either "HO scale" or "N scale". The $125.00 ones are in HO scale.

Josh
- Joshua Bauer

Paul M.

And of course, the larger the radius, the better it will look, especially with this behemoth....

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

NS carman