News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Lighted Freight Station

Started by rookie123, February 19, 2014, 09:30:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rookie123

I just got the Lighted Freight Station and hooked the wires to the transformer to see if it worked. The light came on for a few seconds and then went out. When removing the light from the bottom of the station on of the plastic clips broke (can it get worse I ask).

Where can I get replacement parts including the light bulb. I assume I did not cause the problem by hooking it to the transformer.

Your help is appreciated,
Rookie

Jerrys HO

Try Radio Shack or a local hobby shop. There are various places on line to get them also.
I posted these sometime back, are they the same bulb?

http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/lif/lif1213.htm

Jerry

jbrock27

rook, did the bulb light, then go out, bc it possibly burned out?  Can you tell by looking at the bulb?  Is it possible you had it hooked up to the wrong connections at the power pack and this caused it to burn out after it briefly lit?
Keep Calm and Carry On

Doneldon

Quote from: rookie123 on February 19, 2014, 09:30:34 AM
I assume I did not cause the problem by hooking it to the transformer.

Rook-

Maybe you did. If the current was too strong you could have burned out the bulb in a
couple of seconds. Did it flash VERY bright before it went out?
                                                                                              -- D

rookie123

All I noticed was that it was burning and then it went out. It might of flashed but I did not see it. Happened in seconds. The Bachmann Lighted Freight Station said it was for use with all HO trains on the outside of the box. there were no other instruction inside or on the cover about the voltage requirement. The transformer is 16 V.

Any other ideas?
Rookie

rookie123

Jerry, this looks like the bulb. I'll stop but Radio Shack to see if they have one.

Thanks,
Rookie

richg

Quote from: rookie123 on February 19, 2014, 02:29:05 PM
All I noticed was that it was burning and then it went out. It might of flashed but I did not see it. Happened in seconds. The Bachmann Lighted Freight Station said it was for use with all HO trains on the outside of the box. there were no other instruction inside or on the cover about the voltage requirement. The transformer is 16 V.

Any other ideas?
Rookie

Good chance 16 VAC was too high a voltage for a 12 volt bulb.

Rich

electrical whiz kid

One possibility to ensure against burnouts is to use an automobile lamp in series;use a GOOD quality meter to measure this voltage   The lamp will act like a ballast for the system.
Rich C.

rookie123

This is a Bachmann product....... Can anyone tell me what the voltage rating is for this unit?

Thanks,
Rookie

Doneldon

Quote from: rookie123 on February 20, 2014, 07:26:30 AM
This is a Bachmann product....... Can anyone tell me what the voltage rating is for this unit?
Thanks,
Rookie

Rook-

Twelve volts. That's why it died so quickly on 15-16 volts. You know the policy: Live fast, die young
and have a good looking corpse.
                                                     -- D