Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

I have an opinion and it is not pretty

Started by ta152h0, May 03, 2009, 01:17:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ta152h0

it is true, this is not getting prettier  ;D ;D ;D

Atlantic Central

There must be something wrong with me, or maybe Bachmann sells me "special" locomotives, or maybe I'm just a mechanical genius. But what ever it is, I have never had any of these "problems" with the wiring harnesses on these locomotives.

My secrets - add weight to the tender, it needs it anyway if you want to back up witth a medium length train. Arrange the wires so they are not binding on the drawbar or dragging on the track. Paint them black.

One special trick, bend a "U" shape in the drawbar of the USRA heavy Mountain right below the sockets on the loco, leaving more clearance for the wires.

One last sugestion, couple them up, get the wires in the right place, put them on the layout and leave them there. Excess handling has never been good for models this size, it is not any better today with the increased detail and these wires.

Sheldon

ta152h0

You are a mechanical gfenius. Adding weight to a locomotive is always good and I favor metal bodies for both the locomotive and the tender. And if anyone invents a real heavy speaker that also would be good. And a super heavy leading truck. ;D