News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Long Caboose release date?

Started by Steve Stockham, May 28, 2009, 07:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jebouck

.....And there's unpacking, sorting, re-packing and shipping out to distributors who will in turn unpack, sort and resend out to dealers.
And so on...............

Steve Stockham

We seem to have focussed so much on when they will get here that we have forgotten the "big picture!" Guys, the long caboose is definitely here!! Okay, Japan got it first. So what? The important thing is Japan has got them!!! They're real! They DO exist and they will blow you away in their exquisite detailing!! I have never had so much fun "anticipating!!" ;D

mudhen

zubi

While the sunken boat theory sounds quite plausible, the other more simple explanation is that there is simply not enough of these cabooses for the US market, as Japan probably took the entire production run;-) After all we deserve them here, as the original is also very nicely preserved in Tokyo:

OK, the number on the Bachmann's version is incorrect, but this could be rectified to the original 0409 of RGS which we have here, with some paint or decals... Best wishes from Tokyo, where the cabooses dwell...;-), Zubi

mudhen

I didn't know that ! "sniff "  :'(   Why don't you show some pictures of it ? 

zubi

Mudhen, You cannot really run a picture, can you?? Unless you mount it on a flatcar, perhaps. You know, there is a simple solution. Post order you caboose from Japan!! You will sure have it by September. Otherwise, anticipate..., as Bachmann suggests;-) Best wishes from the land of the rising cabooses, Zubi

mudhen

My railway could become an abandoned line before my caboose even gets here to be on the tail end." sniff "   :'( . I hope I have an enough anticipation to hold out !!!!!!, for customs to do there thing, then get it shipped to Canada before the snow flies.

mudhen

After thought /Brain Fart;
If the snow flies, then I'll have to purchase an OY Steam snow thrower. God only knows where I'll find on of those.  ???
Then it will be summer again before I get it. But I should have my caboose by then.  ;D
It's one vicious cycle.  ;) Help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Sniff, sniff ".........Anticipation  :)

zubi

Perhaps Mudhen, you are not missing that much... Tokyo seems to be flooded with these cabooses, but no queues of customers - which I sometimes see when a new release of say KATO is delivered! I went to Tam-Tam today and there it is in full 'glory':
but is it worth the risk? To be honest, the first impression is not as great as all that anticipating would deserve, Zubi

tamu67

Do you fine folks ever serve cheese and crackers with all of this "whine"?
Please go build something, play with  ;Dthe trains as the saying goes..Model Railroading is FUN!

Jon D. Miller

Good grief!

Now that "The Caboose" is just about here we can start a thread that will go on ad nauseam speculating on the new Forney, its features, and most importantly when it will be delivered.

I can see the "Amen Choir" and "Danny" all over Bachmann Industries in general and certain representatives in reference to the new Forney.   ::)

A Forney thread could end up being at least 6-8 pages long.  I can hardly wait and anticipate!  Not.

I'll just go run what I have and enjoy my trains. ;D

One of the "Enthusiastic Children"

JD

Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

mudhen

Yea:
Bachmann says they are in and being shipped. Hope my supplier gets mine to me fast. Can hardly control myself !!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Steve Stockham

I'm sure the economy has something to do with the absence of "long lines" but honestly, when have we ever seen long lines other than right before Christmas? I'm sure that if you could wait the next four months, you would see these beauties flying off the shelves but for myself, I'll opt for getting them as soon as they show up! If they are here by the last weekend in Sept. (when I am attending Marty Cozad's annual battery/steamup at his place) then I will be content. If it doesn't, then I will hope for it before my Halloween Open House! Patience.

Steve Stockham

and now, finally, this thread can "officially" R.I.P.! :D

Bucksco

>>"To be honest, the first impression is not as great as all that anticipating would deserve"

Perhaps some photos might change your mind?
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/gallery.php?set_albumName=Large-Scale-Long-Caboose&include=view_album.php//