News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann 1:20.3 Forney

Started by Kevin Strong, July 09, 2009, 01:58:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado

I saw it as well, what  really want is an afordable Bogie. Maybe next time?

It certainly looked impressive.

As for the price, well you can not have a weak currency and cheap imports.

norman

Dear Mr. Bachmann:

Great product.

I haven't been interested in any of your new locomotives since the 4-4-0.

One gentleman's comment on mylargescale with regards to the amount of electronics:

"Man walked on the moon with less computer assistance than this." 

Any chance of a third Forney version with a 4-4-0 style flat panel roof summer cab, fluted domes, Radley hunter stack, oil burning headlamp and cowcatcher ?

I realise a 32 mm two foot gauge version would not sell enough units to be feasible in the market place but it would have been great.

Thank you to Lee Riley and Bud Reece for listening to us.

Norman

Steve Stockham

Ah Norman! That is what "kit bashing" is for!! There are aftermarket parts that can be purchased to do exactly what you want and David Fletcher's Masterclasses over on myLargescale.com run you through step-by-step on how to construct a Radley-Hunter stack. Also, Silvergate Distributor's had Radley-Hunter stacks for LGB Moguls at the recent NGRC in Denver last week!  ;)

norman

Dear Mr Bachmann:

1) Is the trade show Forney the final product or can modifications still be made?
2) Can you sell the Forney with a spare set of Gauge Zero ( O gauge ) wheel sets for hobbyists to run the Forney on 2 foot gauge track?
Dual O Gauge and G Gauge track is presently commercially available.
3) Can you sell the Forney with spare fluted domes, cowcatcher and Radeley stack? Cost is minimal at the factory.
4) Will SR&RL lettered Jackson & Sharp coaches be available from Bachmann ?

Thank you
Norman

jestor

Any info on what the practical operating radius is?  If it's anything like the ON-30 Forney (lots of rear overhaugh), I'm guessing that it will need a minimum of R3?

Kevin Strong

Minimum radius will depend on how you configure it. If you lock the rear truck in the middle so it pivots only, and pull the pin so the front chassis pivots, the rep believes it will fit a 2' radius. As for running as a true forney, I don't know. The rear truck has significant swing, and comparing that to the forney I built years ago that would go around a 4' (R3) radius curve, it should have no trouble.

Later,

K

darkdaniel100

Any updates when the Forney/log skidder will be available?