News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

do ho trains have sound

Started by kranchy, November 24, 2007, 09:45:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteamGene

No, no, no.  Senator Clinton is from the East.  She'd be an "elevated William." :D
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

rogertra

Quote from: ASIANLIFE on November 28, 2007, 05:14:54 AM

Now, the question is Roger. Is your mis-spelling of ''grammar'' as ''grammer'' a typo ? ;D

Paul

It was an error.  I spelt it "grammar" at first and looked at it and then changed it to "grammer", which proves you should never second guess yourself.  However, spelling is not a strong point of mine.

bevernie

Sir Gene, it has well been observed by thee that this one about whom we are speaking is from the east; howbeit, when one takes the letters of each given name in said union, one will still come up with letters that could be construed to form the word "HILLYBILLARY" and that is all to which I was referring in my previous note.
Also, be it known by all parties reading this particular thread, that I am more than a little concerned that it might tend to have somewhat of a "political" connotation, and because of same may eventually suffer eradication, since any "political" discussion, or reference to same, may be considered "taboo".
In the well-stated words of the beloved Master Paul Harvey, himself:   
                                                                         GOOD DAY!
                                                                                              THANX!!
                                                                                                Ernie
www.3abn.com   www.amazingfacts.com    www.bibleinfo.com

Guilford Guy

If a fourteen year old can use fairly proper spelling and grammar, I think some other people can too... [::)]

Text messaging language that some other people on this forum use-mainly Thomas Fans- can at times be quite difficult to read.

Quotei am new to this i mostly id o scale trains

Although it isn't the best, I can say I have seen worse...
When we have 15+ posts about proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation and only 1 or 2 answering the question it can be tedious, and I'm hoping we didn't lose another modeler.
In cruelty I wonder what the loco would look like if they custom decaled it themselves...
In honesty, give them a break... We all make mistakes, and if this is one of those younger modelers in his pre-teens then Internet Etiquette of better spelling may yet to be learned...

GG
Masuhchoosetz
Alex

Conrail Quality

Okay, I think there's another issue that is being ignored: the content of the question. I typed in 'model trains HO sound' into Google, and I got results for sound decoders, Athearn F-units with sound and DCC, and so on- all on the first page. My point is: do a little research on your own before asking others. If you can't bother to spend 30 seconds on Google (which was all it took), then why should we bother answering you? Just my take on things, but I think it's somerthing that is coming up all too often.
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

SteamGene

Conrail, that too. 
OTOH, I remember not long ago posting a question which I had already searched for (using Good Search, of course!) and got a response to "search the net," though from a person with whom I am not familiar.  That said, the initial question was one I could not answer and the poster has not returned.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

tommy4u2

YOU GUYS AMAZE ME
This hole thing has gotten crazy, For crying out load this is only a help forum, Now we Quotes and language only collage professors can understand, If i would of had any idea it would come to this I would have never started this thread, Maybe if some of us would just get down off there High Horses and see the real world for just what it is. It all started out over a misspelled word and some bad grammar, The question was still understandable, And has any even noticed the original poster of the misspelling  hasn't  been back since. More than likely took one look at us and ran for his life.
I have read several replies to questions telling  the ask-er to just go search the Internet and get your answers, Now I might be wrong but isn't that one of the reasons for this forum in the first place that being to welcome new people to the hobby and try to give them help by answering there questions and not assaulting them with there spelling skills or telling them go try to search for the answer somewhere else.
I am sorry I am not that way, I am willing to help anyone and will do so weather  they spell correctly or not because I will be the first to admit I AM NOT PERFECT 
My Daddy told me along time ago if you cant say something nice to  someone don't say anything at all

SteamGene

Tommy,
Please go back and read at least one of my notes.  What gauge/scale does the guy say he uses?  How do you know that? 
Maybe he was scared away.  if so, did he really care?  Could he have not clarified his question?  He was asked to.
BTW, most of us ain't college professors.  I think we got us one, and he rights pretty much like I do.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

Guilford Guy

Quote from: SteamGene on November 28, 2007, 09:58:57 PM
I think we got us one, and he rights pretty much like I do.
Gene

LOL,
You are very funny Gene.
Alex

WoundedBear

Hmmmm....I guess the old adage is true after all......a picture really is worth a thousand words.

And on a little side note.....if you think this is bad....you should try hangin' on a few of the drag racing boards I belong too.......this is absolutely nothing compared to what we put people through over there. Even the jokes on friends on these boards would cause most of you here to run away screaming.

We look at it as community standards. Without those standards, our community fails. With those standards, our community grows stronger, the quality of the membership increases and everyone benefits.

Sid

tommy4u2

Gene
The title to the post doesnt get muck clearer "do ho trains have sound"
Then his Question
"i am new to this i mostly id o scale trains"

All he did is forgot a d in did  Should have been

I am new to this I mostly did o scale trains

To me it just wasn't that bad or hard to figure out

I am sorry I really didn't want to start a big deal out of this and should have just kept my mouth shut.

Again let me just say I am sorry 
My Daddy told me along time ago if you cant say something nice to  someone don't say anything at all

SteamGene

The title to the post doesnt get muck clearer "do ho trains have sound"
Then his Question
"i am new to this i mostly id o scale trains"

All he did is forgot a d in did  Should have been

I am new to this I mostly did o scale trains

To me it just wasn't that bad or hard to figure out

Was "muck" a typo, or are you being humorous? 
If he is interested in HO, why mention O scale, unless you are right and he DID O scale and now he's doing  HO.  But O scale is upper end modeling, mostly done by people who have been at the hobby for a long time. 
I think you have more faith in your ability to decyper than I have in my ability. 
FYI, If what he meant was as you wrote, it should be either:
I am new to this.  I mostly do O scale trains.

or

I am new to this; I mostly do O scale trains. 

I see no reason for you to apologize for stating an opinion.  It is too bad the original poster has not returned.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

newguy

I'm not surprised he hasn't returned. Are any of you?? If the poor guy ever does return it will most likely be under a new screen name and with perfectly checked grammar. He has probably found a different forum to ask questions on and that is unfortunate.

New Guy

Beatle (TrainBrain)

...Alright, so, I'll just say my answer to the real question (purpose for the topic) again and hope it'll flow from there.

Quote from: TrainBrain on November 26, 2007, 09:31:02 AM
Yes, HO trains can have sound installed, some come with it factory installed. If you have DCC, the sound is a lot of fun. Regular DC sound is still fun, don't get me wrong, but with DCC you have access to more sounds that are "easier" (in the palm of your hand) to use.

Internet All-Beatles radio: http://beatlesarama.com
All you need is love and trains
Ringo Starr: 6/28/08
SC&NY Status: Drawing board, but getting closer!
-Chris

Conrail Quality

Quote from: TrainBrain on November 29, 2007, 06:50:40 PM
...Alright, so, I'll just say my answer to the real question (purpose for the topic) again and hope it'll flow from there.

Quote from: TrainBrain on November 26, 2007, 09:31:02 AM
Yes, HO trains can have sound installed, some come with it factory installed. If you have DCC, the sound is a lot of fun. Regular DC sound is still fun, don't get me wrong, but with DCC you have access to more sounds that are "easier" (in the palm of your hand) to use.

Okay, I'll try to help this along. I personally have no intrest in sound because I model heavy electrics and there are almost no sound decoders with electric sounds(other than the GG-1). I don't want to have one loco with sound and the rest without it. Besides, electrics locomotives are comparitively very quiet, so sound is not a necessity.
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale