Started by kranchy, November 24, 2007, 09:45:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kranchy

i am new to this i mostly id o scale trains

Conrail Quality

Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

Guilford Guy

Yes, I'm sorry if my friends here have been um, a little sarcastic. We tend to act like that sometimes...
Alex

Hoople

They can have sound if it comes with it or you installed it.

-Hoople-

Modeling UP, SP, and D&RGW in colorado between 1930 and 1960.

GIVE US HARRIMAN STEAMERS BACHMANN!

Beatle (TrainBrain)

Quote from: WoundedBear on November 24, 2007, 10:52:14 AM

Sid

dats terrrribl, simplie simplie terrrribl.

Quote from: kranchy on November 24, 2007, 09:45:26 AM

Yes, HO trains can have sound installed, some come with it factory installed. If you have DCC, the sound is a lot of fun. Regular DC sound is still fun, don't get me wrong, but with DCC you have access to more sounds that are "easier" (in the palm of your hand) to use.

Internet All-Beatles radio: http://beatlesarama.com
All you need is love and trains
Ringo Starr: 6/28/08
SC&NY Status: Drawing board, but getting closer!
-Chris

tommy4u2

kranchy
I would like to say I am sorry for the way you were responded to
I am new to this forum also and this is the kind of action that drives people away, I am sure that I will get attacted for speaking for up in your defence, we are all adults and should act like it.
I will be the first to admit I am not perfect and dont try to be, But we all come to these forums for the same reason (The Love Of Trains) and for help from the others with the same love as us, I really dont think this poor fellow came here to have a Kindergarden Hook On Phonics Ad thrown in his face
My daddy told me a long time ago that if you cant say something nice to someone then just dont say anything at all
Tom
My Daddy told me along time ago if you cant say something nice to  someone don't say anything at all

SteamGene

Okay:

Does this mean:

I am new to this.   I mostly do scale trains.  (whatever a "scale train" is)

or

I am new to this.  I mostly do O scale trains.

or

I am new to this.  I mostly do HO scale trains.

What's your guess, Tommy?  I think we can rule out Z, N, and G gauge/scale.
Gen
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

rogertra

In this world, whether we like it or not, how you speak and how you spell automatically classifies your education and social standing and thus how other people perceive you.

For example, we've all watched Gerry Springer, even if we don't want to admit it.  On that show, as soon as the vast majority of "guests" open their mouths, "Trailer Trash" and "Uneducated" or "Hillybilly" screams out at you.  Sadly, poor spelling and poor grammer in posts to this and other boards gives off the same message.

If you want to be taken seriously, at least make an attempt at following standard guide lines when it comes to spelling, at which we are not all perfect, capitalisation, which is not difficult and punctuation which again, isn't too difficult.

We are very forgiving about typos, we've all made them.  In fact, some can be quite humourous.

We will ignore the differences between American spelling and the correct spelling for now.  :-)

SteamGene

We will ignore the differences between American spelling and the correct spelling for now.  :-)

Whilst we wait for the honour of your instruction, Roger?  ::)
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

rogertra

Quote from: SteamGene on November 27, 2007, 01:45:09 PM
We will ignore the differences between American spelling and the correct spelling for now.  :)

Whilst we wait for the honour of your instruction, Roger?  ::)
Gene

"Honour"?  You're learning Gene, you're learning.   :)

ASIANLIFE

I drive my children/kids crazy by spelling words in full and punctuating all text/SMS messages on my mobile/cell phone.

However, I work in international banking, and believe me, the money I have seen lost, or at best jeopordised by poor typing/spelling/grammar is incredible.

We forgive slip-ups, we all make them. But spellings can be checked, basic rules followed, and checking before sending undertaken quickly. Otherwise, as Gene illustrated, we have really no idea what we were being asked.

Now, the question is Roger. Is your mis-spelling of ''grammar'' as ''grammer'' a typo ? ;D

Paul

SteamGene

We don't use "wilst" down here, either, Roger!  And let's not even get into pronunciation. "al u min ium" indeed! :D
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

bevernie

Within and upon this forum, thou wilt find, as it were, many types of languages, and a glossary of terms that may or may not be familiar with or utilized by the uneducated, and even, to some extent, the educated, whom I'll not in this writing attempt to identify nor classify, nor even separate as to whom belongs in what category. Suffice it to say that I percieve that the psychological ramifications of this rather quaint discussion is much deeper than meets the naked eye!!
                                                                                     THANX!!
                                                                                       Ernie
               :o                         ;D                                       Hendersonville, NC
                                                                                 (by way of SALEM, AL!!)
www.3abn.com   www.amazingfacts.com    www.bibleinfo.com

bevernie

Quote from: rogertra on November 27, 2007, 01:03:26 PM
In this world, whether we like it or not, how you speak and how you spell automatically classifies your education and social standing and thus how other people perceive you.

For example, we've all watched Gerry Springer, even if we don't want to admit it.  On that show, as soon as the vast majority of "guests" open their mouths, "Trailer Trash" and "Uneducated" or "Hillybilly" screams out at you.  Sadly, poor spelling and poor grammer in posts to this and other boards gives off the same message.

If you want to be taken seriously, at least make an attempt at following standard guide lines when it comes to spelling, at which we are not all perfect, capitalisation, which is not difficult and punctuation which again, isn't too difficult.

We are very forgiving about typos, we've all made them.  In fact, some can be quite humourous.

We will ignore the differences between \\

:oBE CAREFUL HOW YOU USE THE TERM "HILLYBILLY""!  WE MAY SOON HAVE A "HILLYBILLARY" AS PRESIDENT!! ::)
                                                                                      THANX!!
                                                                                        Ernie
www.3abn.com   www.amazingfacts.com    www.bibleinfo.com