News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

no power on 2-8-4

Started by brubakes, December 15, 2009, 07:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brubakes

I have a Bachmann 2-8-4 Berkshire Steam Locomotive that worked file when I fist got it, but now seems to having a hard time pulling almost any freight. When I first got the locomotive it could pull 8 of the Walther's heavyweight passenger cars without a problem. Now I can pull two at full power (28). I've tried resetting the decoder to factory setting and the problem remains. I'm not sure what else it could be. There doesn't seem to be any hair, dirt, grit wrapped around the wheels or anything.  Suggestions on things to try?

ABC

The track or wheels may be dirty, just try cleaning them thoroughly and see if that fixes the problem. Make sure all the wheels are free rolling, but do not over-lubricate anything as this will exacerbate the situation.

brubakes

The track is new, but I will check and make sure the drivers are clean.  Also should this loco have any type of rubber to traction help get moving?  If so, mine has none.   The exact locomotive I'm talking about is below.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=1956

ABC

New track isn't necessarily clean track. There should not be any traction tires.

Mogul2-6-0

Bump

someone help my friend!

Does he need to clean and lube this beasty?

If so How?

I want to see him running right again!

Brubakes.  You might try calling the service number and describe all the gory details.  These guys have taken great care of me.

For Service Inquiries

Telephone: 800-356-3910 (toll free; US and Canada residents only.)

E-mail: Click on the "Service" link to be directed to our convenient service form

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/service.php

full maxx

the disc that came with my set said to put gear grease lightly on the gears in the engine then lightly oil all bearings and wheels and piston and rods connected to the wheels
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com