News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ-Track DCC turnouts

Started by fs2k4pilot, January 14, 2013, 02:32:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fs2k4pilot

I have a couple questions.  How are these controlled?  Do they take up DCC addresses on the EZ Command?  Do they even work with the original EZ Command, or are they for the Dynamis?  If they work with the legacy EZ Command, where do they plug in/connect to the power pack?

Basically, tell me everything about them.

Jerrys HO

pilot

You are referring to two different turnouts in your post.
The first question
QuoteDo they take up DCC addresses on the EZ Command?
Yes, if you have the one that has the decoder built in part #44135 in the link below.
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=1966
This basically runs off track power and receives it's command just as the DCC loco's do with no special wiring involved.

If you are using the analog/DCC friendly turnout part #44560 shown below then you would need to find another source of power to control them.
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=1306
I use an old power pack from an analog train set with accessory outputs such as the one shown below. You can use any wal-wart charging device you have like an old cell phone charger, kids r/c toy charger,etc..
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=209
These hook up with the wire coming from the turnout to the switch controller and the power cord fom the switch to your accessory power.

Second question.
QuoteDo they even work with the original EZ Command, or are they for the Dynamis?  If they work with the legacy EZ Command, where do they plug in/connect to the power pack?
Neither one hooks directly to the EZ Command or any other DCC system.
Yes the 44135 is compatible with  the Dynamis or any other other DCC system. The 44560 can be used on any DC or DCC  layout.

Jerry  

fs2k4pilot

Hi, Jerry, thanks for the reply.  I was referring to the ones that have the built-in DCC decoder (of which there are several).  So, to operate one, I would have to assign it to, say, address 7 on the controller, and then operate it using one of the buttons on the controller?  The forward and reverse buttons, perhaps?

richd286

the turn-outs do not use a loco address, there are accessory addresses used to identify the turnout.  The Dynamis can control 99 accessory items.   Once you have the DCC turnout connected to DCC powered track, press the programming button ( between the ties ) and it will cycle open and closed to signal programming mode, enter a number and press the turnout key.  It will cycle again indicating that programming had exited.  I have 14 turnouts and crossovers that work very well.  No wires!!

chrisd831

how would you control dcc turnouts/swithches with ez command

Flyfisher2

I also have E-Z track for my layout and am using the Dynamis; they do function well. My problem now is that 2 of my four turnouts show the opposite position on my dynamis as they are on my track.  Any suggestions on how to get them to match the icons on my Dynamis?