News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

44 ton geared divers

Started by donald frigo, September 02, 2014, 12:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donald frigo

i have two 44 tonners with split or loose gears.... the new replacements are different and will not fit in my trucks.... if i replace the trucks with the newer version will they fit my loco's???...both are single motor versions.. thanks

richg

Quote from: donald frigo on September 02, 2014, 12:59:33 PM
i have two 44 tonners with split or loose gears.... the new replacements are different and will not fit in my trucks.... if i replace the trucks with the newer version will they fit my loco's???...both are single motor versions.. thanks

Not sure what you are saying. Are your 44 tonners the two motor or single motor? I would not expect Bachmann to change the style of geared wheels in the single motor version.

Rich

donald frigo

both loco's are the single motor . the original drivers have a metal axle with a plastic gear which acts as an insulator. the drive gears that i purchased from bachmann to replace them have one wheel insulated and have brass bearings and do not contact the pickup plate on the outside of the truck..... not sure if i need or can change the trucks to bachmanns newer version. don't get much info from bachmann on this question... thanks

Bucksco

Contact the service department. They can answer your questions...
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/service.php

richg

Finally took time to look up the drivers. Same part number but different type. This surprised me.
My two 44 tonners have the previous style drivers in my single motor units.
Even the Bachmann loco diagram page shows the previous style drivers. Documentation always takes time to change.

Rich