STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 21, 2019, 08:17:38 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  Bachmann James ho scale update 2015
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Bachmann James ho scale update 2015  (Read 21416 times)
JLK2707

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2015, 12:01:23 AM »

Bachmann just said that they were going to update James last year? If so, why have no pictures been posted yet?
Blackfive1994
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 11:40:22 AM »

probably not ready yet or was shown at toy fair image, but photographed at incorrect angle or still have old james model on display.
ClrwtrMK2
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 12:23:19 PM »

Either way, A simple re-paint of the old model won't do James any justice. The way I see it, Bachmann should 3D scan the Large Scale Model & scale it down to HO then 3D print it.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 06:36:58 PM by ClrwtrMK2 » Logged
Blackfive1994
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 12:24:59 PM »

possibly, but we will have to wait and see, bachmann  already have their wagons full working on HO Oliver, Skarloey and Toad and G Scale WInston and Ice Cream Van plus releasing the Red Branchline Coaches.
DoggySporty
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 08:10:45 PM »

If James is repainted, it might only show up on the models themselves.  James' promotional artwork for Bachmann showed is prototype model for many years before it was updated--I don't think it was updated until James came out in G scale.
I guess the best way to find out is to wait for a newly manufactured shipment of James engines.  Easier said than done, unless you work for a model train store that sells him...
thomasj219

Thomas Will Be Coming Down Our Track Forever!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 09:40:05 PM »

Exactly, we just have to wait until someone comes across him. I'm sure BACHMANN wouldn't have mentioned it if it wasn't happening. Just wait and see.... Roll Eyes

All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Daisy, Harvey.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 02:18:55 AM »

Revisions usually happen unannounced.  When Bachmann have updated some of their older products, such as the oil tank and mail car, they remained unannounced and everyone found out about them when someone happened to find them in stores and post pictures/videos online of them.  

Personally, I think everyone should be a little more patient with Bachmann here.  We're already getting a handful of new products from both ranges, plus a narrow gauge range, and we don't even have all of the products that were announced last year like the red coaches and the round water tower.  I say at least wait until the end of this summer before we draw any conclusions.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 02:45:13 AM by Chaz » Logged
Blackfive1994
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 05:35:03 PM »

Revisions usually happen unannounced.  When Bachmann have updated some of their older products, such as the oil tank and mail car, they remained unannounced and everyone found out about them when someone happened to find them in stores and post pictures/videos online of them.  

Personally, I think everyone should be a little more patient with Bachmann here.  We're already getting a handful of new products from both ranges, plus a narrow gauge range, and we don't even have all of the products that were announced last year like the red coaches and the round water tower.  I say at least wait until the end of this summer before we draw any conclusions.
that was similar to what i have said.
DoggySporty
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 07:33:22 PM »

Yeah.  Plus I don't think too many people are upset, and those who are will move on soon enough.  Just wait till the first pics of the red coaches/any new product appear...
thomasj219

Thomas Will Be Coming Down Our Track Forever!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 12:59:08 PM »

Revisions usually happen unannounced.  When Bachmann have updated some of their older products, such as the oil tank and mail car, they remained unannounced and everyone found out about them when someone happened to find them in stores and post pictures/videos online of them. 

Personally, I think everyone should be a little more patient with Bachmann here.  We're already getting a handful of new products from both ranges, plus a narrow gauge range, and we don't even have all of the products that were announced last year like the red coaches and the round water tower.  I say at least wait until the end of this summer before we draw any conclusions.

What??

All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Daisy, Harvey.
Cheeky_ULP

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2015, 02:04:32 PM »

Adding black paint to where  James was formerly grey (and hopefully that smokebox support area) isn't really worth them announcing or advertised. It's a fix that, if it's being done, will just pop up in stores one day.

Considering the quality of the range is much better than what it started as, whether the rep is right or wrong doesn't matter; the paint error fixes are long overdue.
InsideTrack
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2015, 04:43:59 PM »

Sorry, the repainted James is not going to happen for a few years. We sent new artwork to our factory, but the factory sent us a two years' supply of James locomotives without using the new artwork.
DoggySporty
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2015, 04:49:16 PM »

Oh well, at least the other models still look great.  Personally I'd rather James be capable of pulling more than three trucks before having a repaint, but that's just my opinion.  Bill and Ben are still my favorite models!
DinoNTrains

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2015, 06:42:53 PM »

Sorry, the repainted James is not going to happen for a few years. We sent new artwork to our factory, but the factory sent us a two years' supply of James locomotives without using the new artwork.

Thank you for the clarification of the James repaint.

Bachmann never ceases to amaze me Smiley
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2015, 07:39:56 PM »

It's a shame that James' updated paint scheme won't actually happen for a few years, but it is at least assuring to know that it will happen eventually.  Glad to hear some actual confirmation on this, looking forward to hearing more news when that time comes.

Better late than never. Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: