News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Auto Start When Track Power is Applied

Started by 686 Shooter, March 17, 2021, 01:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

686 Shooter

Hi everyone. I am hoping someone can offer a solution.

I have a few 4-6-2 Light Pacific's and Baldwin 2-6-0's with sound value on board. Is there anyway I can disable the decoder's from starting up and making sound as soon as track power is applied? I have searched and have not been able to find a way to do this so I am asking as a last ditch effort.

I like to have the locos on the layout quiet until I choose to start them and it's a pain having to go around and shut down locos. (I'm lazy. Lol)

plint

Can you isolate a siding with its own on/off switch?  Or if it's DCC you can mute the sound with, if I remember, button #8, the mute button on the DCC command center.  What do you use? I use the Digitrax Evolution.   There's a button on there for that.  I don't use it, I isolate a siding. :D
By the grace of God go I in Amherst NH.

686 Shooter

Hi plint.

I use a Digitrax system as well and am hoping to get away from having to mute each one every time I turn track power on. I don't want to have to isolate any track if possible. All my other loco's can be programmed to remain silent when track power is turned on, until I start them. I'm hoping I can get these loco's to do thus as well.

Hunt

Sound on when track power is applied  is the default for the factory installed  decoder  and it cannot be changed. Replace the  decoder with one that has the features you want.

686 Shooter

Dang. That's kind of what I was expecting to hear. Thanks Hunt.

:(

plint

Quote from: 686 Shooter on March 17, 2021, 03:52:05 PM
Hi plint.

I use a Digitrax system as well and am hoping to get away from having to mute each one every time I turn track power on. I don't want to have to isolate any track if possible. All my other loco's can be programmed to remain silent when track power is turned on, until I start them. I'm hoping I can get these loco's to do thus as well.
I have about 3 runaround tracks with on/off switches which I'll use if I want to keep the sound off.  I just put the trains in there and shut them off with the toggles.  It's kinda like staging tracks in a sense where I park the trains I'm not running at that moment.
By the grace of God go I in Amherst NH.

ME1808

Use e stop to shut it down if your dcc system can be programmed to do that. It will go silent. I think  that is how I did it. You can still blow the horn and ring the bell ,but no prime mover until you throttle it up .Maybe set cv 116 between 193 and higher.

Eddy