News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

block signaling

Started by Daylight4449, December 06, 2008, 06:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daylight4449

I still beed to figue out the circuit but i am adding integrated signals and automatic crossings. any tips? also, is this possable if I fold and get dcc because locos with dcc are getting so expensive that not having a dcc controller is almost not woth it. and if so can you use regular switches with the ez command? last question I swear, would opening and tryin to fix the short on my new decapod  void the warrenty? thanks, Daylight4449

the Bach-man

Dear Daylight,
Check Model Railroader for ads from a variety of companies making signals. They have books on the subject as well. You can use analog switches with EZ Command; you will need an analog pack with AC terminals.
I's contact service about your 2-10-0.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

bevernie

>:(G-R-R-R!!   Just recently, I had found an old book that I've had for years, and it had several circuits for model railroads! :-[ I think one of them was a BLOCK CIRCUIT!! But, do you think I can find it now??
Hopefully, I'll find it, and get back to you!! :'(
                                                                                   THANX!!
                            8)                                                      Ernie
www.3abn.com   www.amazingfacts.com    www.bibleinfo.com

Daylight4449

Well thank you, I am also incorperating auto crossings whitch go down using an elctro magnet pulling up a counterweight.

Guilford Guy

You might have better luck with optical sensors, especially on the crossing gates.
Alex

lmackattack

Logic rail sells a block controler that works very well. They use photo cells to detect a train and have automatic "signal reset" if a train enters and leaves at the same end of a block. you can use 2 color or 3 color signals,adjust the sensitivity, and delay time for signals to operate.

they also have a crossing gate that operates the same way with photo cells

trent

bevernie

Quote from: lmackattack on December 09, 2008, 11:49:44 PM
Logic rail sells a block controler that works very well. They use photo cells to detect a train and have automatic "signal reset" if a train enters and leaves at the same end of a block. you can use 2 color or 3 color signals,adjust the sensitivity, and delay time for signals to operate.

they also have a crossing gate that operates the same way with photo cells

trent

:DTrent, do you have any idea of the cost of this item?
                                                                                           THANX!!
                                                         8)                                 Ernie

bevernie

:D GREETINGS!! Okay, Daylight, I found the book! It's "PRACTICAL ELECTRONIC PROJECTS FOR MODEL RAILROADERS" by Peter J. Thorne; copyrighted 1974, fifth printing 1979-KALMBACH BOOKS. Only with Mr. B's permission can I (try to) put a copy of this circuit on this forum, but if I can get that permission, I will be glad to do so!               ;D
The book tells all about safety, and tools, diodes and transistors, and the best way to do things, as well as providing plans for several circuit ideas, including block circuits and train lighting and diesel horns!
Mr. B, is this book still available? Can I do the copy for Daylight?
                                                                                     THANX!!
                                             8)                                       Ernie

bevernie

Jim Banner

Bevernie, I am not a lawyer, but my understanding of the law in your country is that it does not matter how many printings a book has had or even if the book is still in print, the copyright of a book published in 1974 stays in effect until 2069.  It is not The Bach-Man's permission you need.  It is the owner of the copyright you need to contact.  That could be Mr. Thorne or his heirs or it could be Kalmbach Books.  You should be able to find out by contacting Kalmbach.  I wish you success but advise you not to get your hopes up too high.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Yampa Bob

It is a violation of international copyright law to publish content without the author's/publisher's written consent, which is only given for inclusion in other literary works and under strict conditions.  It's called "Copyright Infringement" and carries severe penalties.

As an author, cartoonist, recording artist and photographer I am fully versed on copyright law. Bottom line, don't even think about it.

BTW, this also applies to pictures, drawings, etc that people have on their web sites. Just because they're displayed doesn't mean you have the right to download or post them elsewhere.  In short, "Look, but don't touch".

http://www.copylaw.com/new_articles/copy_myths.html

If there is a picture on a web site you wish other members to see, you may only post a link to the page that contains the picture. If you "hot link" to the actual picture and it appears in your post, you are technically in violation of the law.

More and more I am seeing warnings on web sites such as: "These pictures are copyrighted and shown for your viewing pleasure, you MAY NOT download them for any reason", and "right click" has been disabled.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

the Bach-man

Dear Ernie,
Everyone is correct- it's not our permission, but Kalmbach Publishing's that you will need.
Happy Holidays!
the Bach-man

bevernie

:'(My apologies to all in that I mistakenly put KALMBACH with BACHMANN! Somehow, my feeble brain confused BACHMANN with MODEL RAILROADER (??)!!
:DAnyway, you have the name of the book that it's in, so you may be able to find it somewhere! It's about 8 1/2 by 11 and paperback.
;)As stated earlier, it is a neat book with all sorts of useful information and circuits!
                                                                                      THANX!!
                                                8)                                     Ernie

richG

Amazon.com has used versions for $7.00, plus $3.99 for shipping. I buy used books from Amazon a lot. A local library might have it. I  know my local library has it.

http://www.amazon.com/Practical-Electronic-Projects-Model-Railroaders/dp/0890245231/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1229305168&sr=1-1

Rich