News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Street/Road line markings

Started by rookie123, April 05, 2014, 09:16:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rookie123

Where can I get tape to use of street yellow/white lane markings? Having trouble finding them on the internet.

Thanks,
Rookie

bobwrgt

Check your local auto parts store. 1/16 pin stripping tape.  Or Ebay.

WoundedBear

Myself, I think using tape for stripes is going to look terrible. Have you seen the roadway system from Woodland Scenics?

Of most importance to your situation, would probably be the striping pens.

http://woodlandscenics.woodlandscenics.com/show/category/RoadSystemAll

Sid

Doneldon

123-

Using pieces of tape for the lines on your roads isn't likely to produce good results. It's much easier to use two long pieces of tape to mask along the midline of your road and then short, equal-length sections to mask the parts of the line between the dotted lines. Then, just paint and remove the masking tape. You can also use continuous tapes to mask solid lines such as you might find in an urban area or a no passing zone. Remember that yellow lines divide lanes going different directions and white lines divide lanes going the same direction. And, once your lines have dried, use one of the weathering brushes or a small steel brush to abrade away some of the paint so it looks like it has faded and worn off to some degree. That feature goes a long way towards selling your road's authenticity.
                                                                                                                                                                                -- D