STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 11, 2020, 01:14:29 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  Bachmann James ho scale update 2015
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Bachmann James ho scale update 2015  (Read 26142 times)
Cheeky_ULP

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2015, 07:57:17 PM »

Sorry, the repainted James is not going to happen for a few years. We sent new artwork to our factory, but the factory sent us a two years' supply of James locomotives without using the new artwork.
Thanks for the insight and update! It's always nice to learn a bit what's going on behind the scenes. Interesting to learn that it almost did happen though.
Metal

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2015, 08:08:52 PM »

Oh well, at least the other models still look great.  Personally I'd rather James be capable of pulling more than three trucks before having a repaint, but that's just my opinion.  Bill and Ben are still my favorite models!

I suggest using light oil on the axles of rolling stock, as well as cleaning your track and wheels.  Smiley
Anthony P2

this Doctor doesn't shut railways down

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2015, 10:43:01 PM »

at least we know the first item for 2017.....
DoggySporty
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2015, 12:14:30 AM »

Oh well, at least the other models still look great.  Personally I'd rather James be capable of pulling more than three trucks before having a repaint, but that's just my opinion.  Bill and Ben are still my favorite models!

I suggest using light oil on the axles of rolling stock, as well as cleaning your track and wheels.  Smiley

James is still the only engine I've had a problem with, and I've had two models--I never bought a third one.  Maybe just my bad luck, though.  After a few months I've had some engines face the same problem but I think they just need lubrification.
One thing I've never had a problem with, with any engine including James, is having trains fall off the track, even though this seems to be a common claim around the net.  Probably just because people set up their track on uneven carpets though!
Cheeky_ULP

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2015, 01:20:50 AM »

Thinking back to what InsideTrack said, I wonder how difficult it would be to show the factory the artwork that the large scale brake van is using, and apply it to the OO/HO brake van.

It would be one heck of an improvement, and rekindle interest in a product that a lot of people have forgotten about.
JLK2707

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2015, 07:44:08 PM »

I just wonder why the factory ignored the plans for the new James model in HO scale....
Anthony P2

this Doctor doesn't shut railways down

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2015, 12:03:14 PM »

well it looks like the little blue buckeroo now has a modified electrical pick up system https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnkSZWshrUY
JLK2707

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2015, 03:00:58 AM »

But you can still just repaint James yourself!:)
Ken Clark

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2015, 11:26:15 AM »

Thinking back to what InsideTrack said, I wonder how difficult it would be to show the factory the artwork that the large scale brake van is using, and apply it to the OO/HO brake van.
[It would be one heck of an improvement, and rekindle interest in a product that a lot of people have forgotten about.

Or you could go to Bachmann UK, and take a look at the OO scale brake vans they already offer  in there freight car line up.

Ken Clark
     GWN
Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2015, 12:39:02 PM »

I am honestly surprised that a LOT of the merchandising lines (looking at you too Bachmann!) didn't repaint Thomas and James in TAB livery...not a tough process and I am sure they would sell like crazy!

Check out my Youtube channel, TheBlueSnowplow!
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow
thomasj219

Thomas Will Be Coming Down Our Track Forever!!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2015, 03:10:06 PM »

You have to understand these are electric trains not wooden or track master. And repaints aren't guarented to sell just because of the high price of the engines. It's a bit different from the other ranges.

All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.
Cheeky_ULP

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2015, 07:10:54 PM »

[It would be one heck of an improvement, and rekindle interest in a product that a lot of people have forgotten about.

Or you could go to Bachmann UK, and take a look at the OO scale brake vans they already offer  in there freight car line up.

Ken Clark
     GWN
I have some, but it would be nice to have a Thomas themed version for the US market as well. Sadly not everyone knows about websites such as eHattons.
Ken Clark

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2015, 10:13:53 PM »

Just took a look at the Bachmann HO Thomas products, and they offer the brake van
   for the Thomas line.

Ken Clark
     GWN
Cheeky_ULP

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2015, 11:03:04 PM »

Yes I know, that's the one I'm referring to being repainted to look like the Large Scale version.
GTPS2

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2015, 06:06:14 PM »

Sorry, the repainted James is not going to happen for a few years. We sent new artwork to our factory, but the factory sent us a two years' supply of James locomotives without using the new artwork.

So what you're saying is that We're not gonna see a photo of the updated James this year?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: